For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
CSay88's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, July 30th, 2018 3:14 AM

Galaxy S9 Active Release Date

Hi, was wondering if anyone had any updates on when the Samsung Galaxy S9 Active is finally going to be released. We had updates on it 2 months ago and that was about it. They've been talking about it and possible releases as far back as March I think. I'm hoping they release it this month sometime. If anyone has any news, even rumor updates on it, please let me know, thanks! 

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

Agreed, where did you hear that....I've asked a few bloggers at Samsungs event to check on Actives....the S7 Active was randomly "there" in 2016 with no formal announcement.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Did they officially announce no more Active phones? Or did they just not
bring it up?

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

6 years ago

Sorry, just didn't see anything from the unpacked event, as I was told by a samsung support agent to watch there for release news and I didn't hear anything about it. I did just chat with another samsung support person and was told this: "S9 active is not yet officially declared to be released but our manufacturing team is still working on it. You can view the updates on Samsung website when it is planned to be released." But as they did not disclose the release confirmation yet, I request you to please wait for the official confirmation.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

I pinged someone from Engadget (Cherlynn Low) and she's going to check and see.

Feel free to reply to her tweet to show interest.

https://twitter.com/CherlynnLow/status/1027556343216058368

Chris

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks! I posted a reply to show interest. Hopefully they can find someone who can answer one way or another.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Awesome! Keep us posted man!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@cfoote2667 wrote:

Agreed, where did you hear that....I've asked a few bloggers at Samsungs event to check on Actives....the S7 Active was randomly "there" in 2016 with no formal announcement.

@cfoote2667

The s7 active was released on june 10th 2016...  The note 7 was unpacked on 8/2/2016 and sold to the public on 8/19/2016

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

No one at the Samsung event knows anything about the Active series. She's going to try and track down someone from AT&T...who will probably give the same response. sigh.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@cfoote2667 wrote:

No one at the Samsung event knows anything about the Active series. She's going to try and track down someone from AT&T...who will probably give the same response. sigh.

The phone is no longer ATT exclusive so ATT may have no clue... Remember you can get the s8 active on sprint and tmo also.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

As I see it... I have no idea why people buy the 'regular' ones and not the Active.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.