The Samsung Galaxy S24
CSay88's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, July 30th, 2018 3:14 AM

Galaxy S9 Active Release Date

Hi, was wondering if anyone had any updates on when the Samsung Galaxy S9 Active is finally going to be released. We had updates on it 2 months ago and that was about it. They've been talking about it and possible releases as far back as March I think. I'm hoping they release it this month sometime. If anyone has any news, even rumor updates on it, please let me know, thanks! 

ACE - Sage

• 

116K Messages

6 years ago

@LionBee wrote:

As I see it... I have no idea why people buy the 'regular' ones and not the Active.

It’s a choice....   I prefer to pick a ‘girly’ case and swap it with a more protective case while I’m working.  I work out of my car, so charging the battery isn’t an issue.  I have 4 cases for my S9, all off Amazon of course, for less than one case out of an ATT or Best Buy. 

However....  an S10 active would probably be top of my want list down the road.  I’m assuming my next phone would be a 5G device...   I hope.   

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

6 years ago

So...I have been watching all these videos on the new note 9. What really annoys me is how every one is saying it's got a HUGE battery, and the biggest one in a flagship. Yes that's true, but I have a 4,000mah battery in my s7 Active. So why in the world would I want to downgrade to anything less than that now? I cant decide if I want to just get a s8 Active and hope it lasts a really long time, or maybe try out the note 9.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

So I'm the one who started this post, I gave up and gave into the Note 9
and pre-ordered it after seeing it in person, if I can't get another Active
for a while or ever, it's really the best phone out. It really wasn't as
big and bulky as I thought, and I never was a fan of the Infinity curved
screen, but it really didn't look or feel bad in the hand in person, just
something to think about.

Plus u get free $300 AKG wireless noise cancelling headphones for
preordering in any way from any carrier. For those of u that can wait for
the S10 or X, different story, but I couldn't wait any longer...

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

6 years ago

So, they have display phones in ATT sores already? And if I pre-order today I can get the AKG headphones or the Fortnite package if I choose?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@bdr1010 wrote:

So, they have display phones in ATT sores already? And if I pre-order today I can get the AKG headphones or the Fortnite package if I choose?

best buy has the display phones and they are live.  and yes you choose akg or fortnite...  BUT you get those from samsung in the mail if you choose the headphones.  https://samsungpromotions.com/

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

6 years ago

My question will be, since I don't play fortnite, will I be able to transfer, or use my sons login so that he can get those 15,000 V-bucks to play fortnite on the PS4, or is it only for the mobile version on the note 9?
Guess I will go take a look tonight at my local ATT store and ask all the questions and perhaps pre-order a Note 9 tonight.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

My ATT store had the Note 9 on hands-on display a day after the Samsung
event revealing it. And yes, if you preorder at any point thru any carrier,
u can get the headphones or Fortnite package thru Samsung using the Shop
Samsung app starting on the 24th, u just have to go thru their process of
proving u preordered the phone and have it in hand. Will take 6-8 weeks it
says to get the headphones btw.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I will be really upset if they discontinue the Active series. It's the best phone Samsung or any Android manufacturer makes. Large battery, flat screen, no need for a case. I've been pretty tough on my S7 active, and it takes the abuse in stride. I absolutely love these phones. The only thing I never liked about them is that they aren't available through all carriers. Was planning to get the next Active if I can use on a different carrier than ATT.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@saber72 wrote:

I will be really upset if they discontinue the Active series. It's the best phone Samsung or any Android manufacturer makes. Large battery, flat screen, no need for a case. I've been pretty tough on my S7 active, and it takes the abuse in stride. I absolutely love these phones. The only thing I never liked about them is that they aren't available through all carriers. Was planning to get the next Active if I can use on a different carrier than ATT.

The active series I would say is dead...  as posted in another thread..https://www.sammobile.com/2018/08/15/no-samsung-galaxy-s9-active-2018

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Probably not the best idea they drop this line.  I know at this point I will be moving o a new phone brand and probably a new carrier.  There isn't any phone out there that checks the boxes like the active though.  The Note is too big for my taste and I can't stand the curved screen so Samsung has lost my business indefinitely.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.