The Samsung Galaxy S24
CSay88's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, July 30th, 2018 3:14 AM

Galaxy S9 Active Release Date

Hi, was wondering if anyone had any updates on when the Samsung Galaxy S9 Active is finally going to be released. We had updates on it 2 months ago and that was about it. They've been talking about it and possible releases as far back as March I think. I'm hoping they release it this month sometime. If anyone has any news, even rumor updates on it, please let me know, thanks! 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

@lizdance40 wrote:

@GLIMMERMAN76  

I lost my head today and went to Best Buy.  I’m sticking with Verizon for a while and I just couldn’t stand the S8 anymore.  Either it was a bad iteration or I got a lemon.  I’m thinking bit of both.    If you want to “experiment” the ATT S9 is available as a guinea pig.    Otherwise I’ll stash it.   Or sell it.  

There are subtle software differences between carriers.  

you bought that used so nothing surprises me...

I know some people with the S8 and have similar complaints about it.  The finger print sensor not working well enough is a common complaint.    The software improvements kinda spoiled me.  

Not really software more like hardware improvements.  Software is really the same.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@bdr1010 wrote:

I don't mind that. I have the s7 active now, and the only reason I need an upgrade is because I got those stupid pink and green vertical lines in my screen that won't go away. I do know that since I have had a 4000mah battery now I don't want anything less than that. I can go a full 24 hours without having to charge it, with moderate usage. I would buy an s9 active if it comes out, if not I may even consider an s8 active just to have until something better come out.

If the note 9 has a 4000 mah battery like tech blogs are saying then it might actually be worth getting...  I still think they killed off the active series...  Its not like they sold well anyway if you look at sales numbers. 1 million phones if they were lucky.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

6 years ago

Yeah, I am thinking about the Note 9 also, it might be a bit too much phone for me, I don't play any games, and I only use my phones for basic functions(text, facebook, web browsing, etc.). If they are giving away deals for getting the Note 9, like maybe getting the new Gear 4 watch at a discount, then I may consider that option, as I am due for a new phone and watch. I am running the Gear 3 frontier right now, and have to charge it every single day, already had the battery replaced once under warranty and it still doesn't last 24 hours.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

What gear 4?   You mean Galaxy watch...  Info already leaked.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, sorry. I haven't read much about the new watch coming out, just been reading about phones first. The galaxy watch, if it has a 7 day battery life like the rumors suggest, then I will definitely have to buy into that. I can only go from 7am to about 10pm on my gear s3 frontier right now, and just had  battery replaced under warranty. The battery life is just horrible on these.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

7 day battery life is impossible with cell radios

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

6 years ago

I think they might have a bluetooth only version, and a Sim version. The leak I saw had (bluetooth) under it, why would they put that on there, we all know it will have bluetooth, unless they are offering a bluetooth version only, and a data service option also.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@bdr1010 wrote:

I think they might have a bluetooth only version, and a Sim version. The leak I saw had (bluetooth) under it, why would they put that on there, we all know it will have bluetooth, unless they are offering a bluetooth version only, and a data service option also.

Tizen is not efficient enough to get 7 days.  I could see it push 3 days but the apple watch already does that...  

https://www.businessinsider.com/samsung-galaxy-watch-smartwatch-rumors-release-date-specs-2018-7#the-galaxy-watch-will-have-lte-support-and-it-will-work-with-any-carrier-8

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

6 years ago

Well no news of the Active at the unpacked event!!  That really blows. I was hoping to just get another active, instead I'll have to consider all possibilities and maybe even consider buying outside of my current carrier to get something I really like.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@bdr1010 wrote:

Well it's official, no more ACTIVE phones!!  That really blows. I was hoping to just get another active, instead I'll have to consider all possibilities and maybe even consider buying outside of my current carrier to get something I really like.

@bdr1010

where did you see that?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.