For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Sbjoe93's profile

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, June 15th, 2022 1:57 AM

Ram Truck/ ATT not allowing service

ATT will not let many Ram Truck owners activate wifi hot spots in their trucks. They blame manufacture but not the case. Other owners with exact same equipment have service and be n allowed to activate new. Why is ATT blocking others. They keep saying it’s manufacture. Such (Edited per community guidelines). 

• 

19 Messages

1 year ago

I just looked up the features for a 2022 RAM 1500 on their website and it promotes a 4G WiFi Hotspot with 3-month trial at which point a subscription must be purchased (as all of us did). It then says WiFi Hotspot is available through a third-party subscription which appears to be a restatement of the previous sentence. But then it says it “Requires internet-enable mobile device.” What does that mean? Does it only work through our smart phones? Then it says, “See dealer for details.” My dealer has not been able to provide any legit information on this. I still contend this is a feature just like any others offered on our vehicles that if not working, through no fault of the owner, the manufacturer has the obligation to remedy. 

• 

26 Messages

1 year ago

It is my understanding that Stellantis asked AT&T to stop registering these vehicles with the 8.4" 4G systems.  I do not know why.  It may be due to known security problems. 

Check out this story: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a37453835/car-hacking-danger-is-likely-closer-than-you-think/

Stellantis isn't saying and AT&T wont either.  It appears that no one with these systems can register or reregister these systems with AT&T Connected Car.  This started in mid to late 2021.

That is why I'm asking if anyone that has a 8.4" 4G system can access or use the wifi hotspot feature.    

• 

15 Messages

1 year ago

Yes, I have an 8.4 on a 2020 RAM 1500 that stopped working for months this year, and after two failed troubleshooting sessions, suddenly about a month ago mine is working again. I did nothing special and to my knowledge no update was pushed, it's just working again. No idea why.

• 

26 Messages

1 year ago

uncouthjoseph that is interesting.  I don't know anyone that has one of these systems that is working.  AT&T won't let people sign-up with Connected Car or renew their Connected Car account.

If you get a chance would you access your AT&T account and see what AT&T shows as the status of your account.  

Thanks

• 

19 Messages

1 year ago

uncouthjoseph, did you continue to pay your AT&T subscription? I kept paying mine for awhile but after months of it not working, I cancelled. I can't even check if it's back working because AT&T now says it doesn't support my vehicle (2019 RAM 1500) when I try to sign back up for the service..

• 

19 Messages

1 year ago

When I try to re-enroll my 2019 RAM 1500 8.4" screen with AT&T, I get this. This is from today.

• 

26 Messages

1 year ago

rtuntland,

That is same message I get when I try to enroll in AT&T Connected Car.  I was enrolled in 2021 and used the Wifi Hotspot feature but I discontinued my service.  When I tried to re-enroll in March 2022, this is the message I started getting.  In March, AT&T said the problem would be resolved in April 2022.  In April they said it would be resolved in May.  In May they said it would be resolved in June.  In June they said it would be resolved by the end of December 2022.  Yesterday I spoke to AT&T and they now say they will contact me when the issue is resolved.  Looks like the "end of December" promise ain't gonna happen.  AT&T says it is a software issue that Stellantis and Uconnect need to fix. 

uncouthjoseph is the only person I have heard of that has the 8.4 4C system that has a working Wifi hotspot.  Lucky guy!

• 

45 Messages

1 year ago

So I put In another FCC and FTC complaint. I also have an inquiry to CT consumer fraud for potential (Edited per community guidelines). Talking to them this week. They said it sounds promising that it could go that way since more and more people are having the same problem 

(edited)

• 

26 Messages

1 year ago

Sbucharmy91a,

Thanks for all your hard work on this issue.  I have been talking to Stellantis, FCA, Jeep, Uconnect, and AT&T since March about the inability to sign-up for AT&T Connected Car and the subsequent inability to use the Wifi Hotspot in our 2021 Grand Cherokee.  AT&T told me Stellantis and UConnect requested that no one with a Stellantis 8.4 4C unit be allowed to sign-up for Connected Car service or re-enroll for Connected Car service due to a software issue under the control of Stellantis or UConnect  Stellantis (Jeep) says it is an AT&T issue.

Here is what Jeep sent me in July 2022:

Thank you for contacting Jeep Customer Care; Congratulations on your purchase! 
We can appreciate your interest in activating the WiFi Hotspot in your 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. I would be happy to look into this further for you.
I have done some research into the AT&T WiFi and the reason why AT&T will not allow you to sign up is because AT&T is working with Stellantis for a software update. AT&T WiFi fix is expected by end of 2022 calendar year. This timing is subject to change at any time for any reason. If you have any questions about AT&T's decision to cease enrollments/renewals/reactivations for the Uconnect 4th generation radios, you will need to contact AT&T at 1-866-595-1330.  This is not a Stellantis decision, AT&T is a separate company.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance by calling us at Ram Customer Care 1-866-726-4636
Thank you again for your email. Have a great day.
Best wishes,
Krystal
Jeep Customer Care

Neither Stellantis or AT&T will explain what is going on.  

Thanks again for your work on this.

• 

15 Messages

1 year ago

Update: well the new year is here, and mine which inexplicably started to work again, now no longer does. No update from either AT&T or Uconnect on the matter, either. Highly disappointing.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.