For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Sbjoe93's profile

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, June 15th, 2022 1:57 AM

Ram Truck/ ATT not allowing service

ATT will not let many Ram Truck owners activate wifi hot spots in their trucks. They blame manufacture but not the case. Other owners with exact same equipment have service and be n allowed to activate new. Why is ATT blocking others. They keep saying it’s manufacture. Such (Edited per community guidelines). 

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I called connected services and they stated it is a known issue with the uconnect software.  supposedly some update (last December) broke something and now to protect themselves from support calls either AT&T or Ram (can't find out who) has prevented anyone from signing up.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

From the RAM FB Messenger, where I gace mu VIN and the explanation above:

Hello Dennis,

We apologize for the inconvenience this causes. We've been advised AT&T has discontinued Wi-Fi enrollment for the radio equipped with your vehicle while the proper teams investigate a solution to restore this feature. A fix is expected by the end of 2022 calendar year and you will be notified when it is restored. However, this timing is subject to change at any time during their investigation.

Steph

Ram Cares

• 

45 Messages

2 years ago

Lol att told me end of this month! I'd start filing complaints with your AG, any federal agency, politicians, lawyers you can. It'll be a year from when I saw people complaining about this in Dec 2021

• 

19 Messages

2 years ago

If any other component/part/feature were to become inoperable, RAM would rightly have a fix. Why is this WiFi feature any different? There hasn't seemed to be much sense of urgency on this matter. 

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

This is (Edited per community guidelines), ATT!  My truck obviously has wifi hotspot built into it and you're telling me you don't support it?  It's a 2021 model year for God's sake!

(edited)

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited. Dodge did an update a couple of months ago and now I see the wifi symbol on the screen but it still doesn't work. Uconnect told me there would be a fix by the end of September yet it still doesn't work. (Edited per community guidelines)?

(edited)

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

2 years ago

Funny it seems only Chrysler products have this issue no other vehicle manufacturer does. Hmm. 

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I owned a 2020 ram 1500 rebel and had at&t service in it, phone number an all. I recently purchased a used 2021 ram power wagon. I called AT&T just yesterday to transfer my 2020 ram service to my 2021 vehicle. He basically said that they are working on it with Chrysler and would keep me posted on when it would be solved, oh but he was able to cancel the service on my 2020 rebel but could not add service to my 2021 ram power wagon. I get the same message when i log onto my at&t account to add a vehicle, basically they are working on it. I feel At&t is probably loosing money on this type of service, or maybe Chrysler and At&t cannot agree to an access deal, who knows. But to blame it on software when multiple other brand vehicles including past Rams have service is a bunch of (Edited per community guidelines). I am reporting them to the FCC, BBB and who ever i can about this. Basically false and misleading advertisement, that you purchased a vehicle with WIFI capability only to find out it has none.&n(Edited per community guidelines)p; &n(Edited per community guidelines)p;

(edited)

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I paid to renew my service on my 2018 2500. Deployed overseas and when I got back it no longer works. No refund or any comms from ATT. What a (Edited per community guidelines) company.

(edited)

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I paid for service , 2 year plan , over a month ago have been unable to use, won’t connect to my phone. It worked great before that, now nothing, no support anywhere from at&t.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.