For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Sbjoe93's profile

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, June 15th, 2022 1:57 AM

Ram Truck/ ATT not allowing service

ATT will not let many Ram Truck owners activate wifi hot spots in their trucks. They blame manufacture but not the case. Other owners with exact same equipment have service and be n allowed to activate new. Why is ATT blocking others. They keep saying it’s manufacture. Such (Edited per community guidelines). 

• 

15 Messages

1 year ago

Been having this issue for months. Called in twice to no avail. AT&T gave me a few free months of still-not-working service - thanks? AT&T points to UConnect needing an upgrade, but no ETA. Uconnect says AT&T has a problem and the service is *INTENTIONALLY* disabled.

With no communication to paying customers? How is this real?

Source, my post and UConnect's reply on twitter: https://twitter.com/UconnectCares/status/1593331575931871232 

"Thank you for grabbing our attention. AT&T has suspended Wi-Fi services at this time to work on a resolution and expect to have a fix by the end of the year. We apologize for the inconvenience."

• 

15 Messages

1 year ago

I don't care whose end the problem is on. I pay AT&T for the service. AT&T has disabled the service pending a vendor update. AT&T has a responsibility to proactively notify its paying customers, and proactively credit service. I shouldn't have to call in twice and get the runaround. I shouldn't have to go to twitter and get the actual underlying problem. This is a (Edited per community guidelines) waiting to happen.

(edited)

• 

19 Messages

1 year ago

Obviously RAM and AT&T are having a spat, but ultimately I bought a RAM truck and this was one of the advertised features. Every carmaker uses outside vendors in the production and ongoing operation of their vehicles and when any of those vendors falls short, it's up to the manufacturer to either get them to step up or replace them. RAM appears to act as this is just an optional luxury for us when in fact it's just like any other component that comes with our vehicles. 

• 

15 Messages

1 year ago

I agree, but I put equal ownership on AT&T - I bought a truck with the advertised feature, yes. But I pay AT&T for the service, which I cannot use. I am more actively in this case an AT&T customer, who appears to have disabled the functionality and has not notified THEIR customers.

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

wish a (Edited per community guidelines) was filed against both as neither seem to take ownership or car. We have a lot of people that would join it. 

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

35.3K Messages

1 year ago

Discussion of legal manners is not permitted per the community guidelines.  Such discussions may be removed.

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I really hope this gets sorted out soon. This is even affecting RAM drivers in Canada who wish to connect via Bell Canada. 🙄

• 

15 Messages

1 year ago

Mine has inexplicably started working again. If an update was applied it was not apparent to me. Anyone else? I'm not holding my breath that it remains working, but I'll take what I can get.

• 

19 Messages

1 year ago

Uncouthjoseph - Started working again, how so? I finally cancelled my AT&T plan after being charged for probably 8 months for a service I couldn't access. I can connect with my RAM's wifi but without AT&T, I cannot access the internet. Being AT&T had no interest in admitting to the issue and offering me a refund, I'm not willing to give them another cent if they still haven't worked out their supposed issues with RAM (Stellantis) and most people on here are being told that won't happen until the end of the year.

• 

26 Messages

1 year ago

Does anyone with the 8.4" 4C Uconnect system have Wifi with a connection to the internet and a working Hotspot? These systems are 4G LTE and should be able to connect to the internet even after the demise of 3G.

It appears that Stellantis and AT&T have worked in unison to disable this function on these systems.   AT&T Connected Car won't add new customers and won't renew existing customers.  AT&T says they did this at the request of Stellantis and Uconnect.  

We have been told that the Wifi hotspot function issue would be resolved by year end 2022 but with only a couple of weeks left in the year, this looks doubtful.  Earlier in the year we were told the issue would be resolved by the end of March, then April, then May but the problem persists.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.