Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
The new iPhone 14
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
ATTDmitriyCM
Knowledge Share
Halloween 19'
Mission control approves!
Community Manager

Community Manager

• 

10.2K Messages

Tue, Dec 9, 2014 9:08 PM

How to unlock an Iphone

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3年前

How do I know if I unlocked my iPhone 5s correctly 

ACE - Sage

• 

100.2K Messages

3年前

The easiest ways to install a T-Mobile Sim card and see if it works. The iPhone 5s sold by AT&T and T-Mobile will not work with Verizon or Sprint. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3年前

Trying to unlock my device and received an email says account is fraud so can’t unlock. Please help me on how to unlock the mobile device.

dwill05

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

3年前

Are you the original owner of the phone, or did you buy it from someone?  If you are not the original owner of the phone who had the account from AT&T, then there isn’t anything you can do about it.  Contact the seller and get your money back.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3年前

Hi, I am the original owner of the mobile.. my mobile is in a group plan but I am not the owner of the group .. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3年前

I bought my iPhone new and unlocked from Best Buy 3 months ago, I used a SIM card from Wing Alpha, which uses AT&T networks, and now I am switching to Altice Mobile, however when I tried their SIM card, my phone said not supported. I contacted APPLE and they informed me that my phone had somehow become locked to AT&T however, when I go to the unlocking service, it says that the IMEI is not associated with an AT&T device. Please help, at this point I’m down $700. I can’t switch network and I need to

02A83517-7062-4178-866F-84D1E79B2487.jpeg

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

3年前

Best buy only sold the iPhone x unlocked if it's any other model it was sold by the us flex unlock policy meaning it locked to the first carrier sim you put in.  Which would be the mvno you used first.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3年前

Yes but the phone is locked to AT&T, I’m just trying to unlock the phone. It’s in the database as an AT&T device.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

3年前

Hello sir I try to unlock request for my iPhone 7 but the system say this is not att phone and I confirm it’s att phone why the system not recognized the imei number 

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

3年前

Again you will need to contact the first carrier so they can process the unlock.  Att can't do anything for you if it's not in the IMEI database aka been used on Att or Att prepaid companies.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3年前

For the first time, I applied for unlocking the phone at the official website, but the reply to me is: You tried to unlock this device multiple times. Wait 30 days and submit a new request.
I do not know where the problem is, can you tell me? Thank you

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3年前

I own an iPhone 6 that I formally used with ATT. It no longer has a wireless carrier. I would like to sign up for a carrier, but this requires ATT to unlock the device. However, ATT is blocking every effort. I fully own this phone and qualify per the company’s requirements. This is totally illegal. They cannot prevent me from using my private property with another company.  And now I see that tons of other people have this same problem, spending hours trying to use their phones and not being able to. I’m furious. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].
Thank you!

edcuccia

Scholar

• 

238 Messages

3年前

It would help us,help you, if you told us why they denied unlocking the phone?

ACE - Sage

• 

100.2K Messages

3年前

@Carolyn9221    Not illegal.  Unlocking by carriers is voluntary.

Please explain why you were denied.  The message given?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3年前

For the first time, I applied for unlocking the phone at the official website, but the reply to me is: You tried to unlock this device multiple times. Wait 30 days and submit a new request.
I do not know where the problem is, can you tell me? Thank you

Need help?
The new iPhone 14
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.