AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
The new iPhone 14
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
ATTDmitriyCM
20th Community Anniversary
Knowledge Share
Halloween 19'
Community Manager

Community Manager

• 

10.2K Messages

Tue, Dec 9, 2014 9:08 PM

How to unlock an Iphone

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Hello. Have problem with unlocking device I have bought iPhone 6s 1 year ago have took it to att and as customer support said phone was fully paid and clean and after that I have used it as normal. Now I have moved to Europe and have problem for unlocking it. When tried to unlock there is error that it have unpaid bills. I think this is site mistake don’t know. I can’t contact att support here or in live chat please give me advice what to do. Please help!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hello, when I was in my bussiness trip in the USA, I have bought Iphone 8 Plus.

The seilsman make it sure that it was unlocked. When I arrived in my country,

I have tried to activate and use it, but unfortunatly it is said that i need to unlock it.

I try to make an unlock reguest on official web-site, but every time it is said that

"You've tried to unlock this device too many times. Wait 30 days and then submit a new request."

I waited 3 times for 30 days, I don't understant whay it is said that I tried too many times, when I didn't do that!

Please help me to unlock my phone! 

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

No answer, no help, nothing.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I bought an iPhone that has been paid off/out of contract for years so I can send it to family in another country but I keep getting the error "Oops! Looks like we're having network difficulties. Try again later" when I request the unlock

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Every time I go through the steps to unlock the iphone that i bought more than 6 months ago at an atnt store I get an email that says  "Looks like the information we need isn't in our database yet." I've been trying to get it unlocked for a month and no one will help me. I'm outside of the US and need to use my phone. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Put in an order to unlock an iPhone 6s last Thursday morning with a Customer Service Rep over the phone. Talked to a tech rep over chat on Monday morning saying it would be done within an hour. Talked with a Customer Service Rep 3 hours later on my lunch break and they sent me to the AT&T store saying they could do it right away from there. The guy at the store called his support, but they couldn't do anything but help me get in touch with Technical Support. They gave me a case number. Overnight I got an automated message saying they couldn't verify military deployment. There is no military deployment. I have no idea how that even got into the conversation. Called Technical Support again and they say it will take another 24 hours! I've wasted hours of my time on this issue. I want this phone unlocked this morning. It's going on 6 days now! There has got to be someone that can actually help me somewhere at AT&T.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Capture.PNG 

Am I supposed to wait the full 24 hours or am I supposed to redo the unlock request. Again this has nothing to do with military. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hi,

I have a situation to unlock my IPhone SE because of the below error message from the unlocking website;

Your device is currently active on another AT&T customer’s account........

I've called AT&T, this is the original carrier and the representative advised me that I need to contact the reseller carrier, Locus (H20) because of the above message.  And I called both Locus and H20 which are the same company I found out, and they said they're just a reseller and the original carrier should unlock the device.  Plus they also commented that they have nothing to do with the device because they only provide the wireless services.  Therefore I called again AT&T and it should be still resolved by H20.  Currently they are pointing each other not to take the responsibility.

First, who am I need to talk?  One of customer care team said I need to contact the manufacturer, Apple.com and this is not true.

Second, I think I am eligible to get unlocking service because I've used the same carrier since 11 Dec 17 more than 6 month already..

Manufacturer:  Apple

Device:  IPhone SE

Thanks.

Jay

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hi, I’m from NZ and I purchased a new phone while in the USA and used an AT and T SIM card. I’ve just got back to NZ and my NZ SIM card won’t work. I tried to unlock my phone with AT and T but the request was denied saying my phone needs to be active for 6 months. Please help I really need to get it unlocked!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Try to unlock phone but browser keeps showing network difficulties. Cleared browser cookies and cache but still doesn't work. Please help 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.