Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
D

• 

8 Messages

Wednesday, October 13th, 2021 7:06 PM

Closed

Reward card fraud

my rewards cards wiped out from someone impersonating calling from ATT reward center and surprisingly they had all my information including address, phone number, reward card number and expiration date… except CVV number..
ATT customer service very poor, wasted my 2-3 hours and no solution.

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Well it's not about gift cards anymore here. It's about our personal information being leaked out there. And how it happened because internal employees at ATT are leaking out this and providing details to scammers overseas countries like India. A scammer can't have all personal information. It is ATT fault and they failed to keep our information safe. Just tell me how they knew my account number, date of mailed gift cards, and each amount of the card. Basically when you get a call and then someone providing all this information to verify your identity then how you can tell it is fraud or something. I do not know which department but it has to be internal employees at ATT who are leaking this data to scammers because there's no way a person can have this much data available. (what a shame) I mean common this guy had all my DOB, address, account, ssn, phone number, etc., and especially when I got the gift cards. I don't want any money or gift cards but I don't feel safe with ATT anymore and I don't trust them at all. I will take action on this very soon!!

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Just received this text message today. Anytime a text or email comes in that is this poorly constructed, you KNOW it is a scam!!! Sheesh! Why would anyone even respond to this???

"Basically we just recently mailed you..." What does that even mean? Basically we mailed you??? Hoping no one falls for these texts! 

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I agree those texts clearly look like spam. I think most people here were falling for the phone calls. A person in an Indian accent calls your phone number, has all this personal information on you (name, email, address) and knows when you received the cards. I'm very conscious of this stuff, but I believed it was someone from AT&T.

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Okay if it is scam I know that. So both of you are okay with personal information being leaked out. really?? did scammers had dream that then when you will be getting gift card and how much and what is your phone number and account number??? i mean common on..

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

This guy "Constructive" sounds and acts like the guy who would probably be assisting these scammers.  AT&T at the very least, after investigating him, needs to pull him off these forums.  At best he's an extremely poor representation of the company at a time when many new customers are experiencing massive levels of fraud and loss of personal information directly due to AT&T's negligence.  He tries to play it off as "dark web" info which is complete (Edited per community guidelines).  The information that these scammers have wouldn't be available on the dark web this quickly unless AT&T wasn't compromised or there were insiders assisting.

(edited)

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

This guy "Constructive" sounds and acts like the guy who would probably be assisting these scammers.

sorry im not in the wireless group so your point is moot

AT&T at the very least, after investigating him, needs to pull him off these forums.

investigate for what? these are public customer forums no one here represents at&t 

At best he's an extremely poor representation of the company at a time when many new customers are experiencing massive levels of fraud and loss of personal information directly due to AT&T's negligence.

While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, we are here to represent the forum with our experiences as customers and do not represent AT&T in any official capacity with our responses and do so on our own time unpaid and off the clock

He tries to play it off as "dark web" info which is complete (Edited per community guidelines).  The information that these scammers have wouldn't be available on the dark web this quickly unless AT&T wasn't compromised or there were insiders assisting.

wrong you will see many posts about the dark web, with just a phone number and a few dollars you can get any information about anyone on the internet one could put in a random phone number and pull up a credit score or criminal history , addresses for the past 20 years for 7 bucks.

but hey its awsome you created an account only to come to this post of 2 pages and attack me personally because i have an employee tag when im only stating facts. 

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

wrong you will see many posts about the dark web, with just a phone number and a few dollars you can get any information about anyone on the internet one could put in a random phone number and pull up a credit score or criminal history, addresses for the past 20 years for 7 bucks.

Absolutely true, however, information that is only a few hours old as it is created by AT&T is not likely to be on the dark web unless your systems were completely compromised or you have people inside working directly for these ransomware/hacker cartels.

While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, we are here to represent the forum with our experiences as customers and do not represent AT&T in any official capacity with our responses and do so on our own time unpaid and off the clock.

It's great that AT&T allows their employees to do this, but being an ahole to new customers who are already upset is not necessarily the best impression the company can make.

(edited)

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

again i dont have anyone inside, im a pole engineer so anything happening is no fault nor concern of mine.

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

Same point…. You don’t find info on dark web like when was the cards sent…. Type of cards virtual or physical…. Amount of cards….. date your cards supposed to receive….

it’s possible only with insider help…

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

@drsurendra22  the original poster stated they provided the information to the caller 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.