Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
D

• 

8 Messages

Wednesday, October 13th, 2021 7:06 PM

Closed

Reward card fraud

my rewards cards wiped out from someone impersonating calling from ATT reward center and surprisingly they had all my information including address, phone number, reward card number and expiration date… except CVV number..
ATT customer service very poor, wasted my 2-3 hours and no solution.

Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

2 years ago

@WANGXIN100037 Thanks for the information, sounds to me like you did all you could and did everything correctly, except the giving out of your CVV code to someone when you didn't initiate the contact. 

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

spoom2, we get it brother.. you're so smart, everyone else is so dumb. why don't you leave this message board open to those were actually afflicted by the fraud and loss of personal information? you must be a pretty bored guy

Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

2 years ago

Looks like my fan base is building.  Sorry but if I can help someone by giving them good solid advise rather than just trying to find someone to blame, I will.  Not that I'm smart, just careful.  You have a good day. 

(edited)

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Everyone is repeating there concerns again and again. ITS NOT ABOUT GIFT CARDS!!!!!!!!! 

ITS ABOUT HOW THEY HAD OUR INFORMATION I MEAN COMEON DID THAT HACKER WOKE UP OR HAD A DREAM TO CALL ME AND VERIFY MY PERSONAL INFORMATION WHICH ATT SHOULD HAVE ACCESS TO ONLY!!!!! EVEN MY DOB AND ACCOUNT NUMBER OF ATT… (Edited per community guidelines)!!!!

I see the way you so called att employees “construction” and “spoon” are ignoring that point.

(edited)

Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

2 years ago

Good grief read the links provided this isn't just an AT&T issue, though as repeated many times report it.  @singh92prabhjit  read the bottom, even that seems to evade you. 

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same thing happened to me a few days ago. This is the first time anything like this has happened to me. The only thing different was the fact that these guys new my CVV and just asked me to confirm. They knew all my personal information like when I activated my account, when I received my card, and my address. This seems like this has been going on for quiet some time and AT&T still hasn't done anything about it. I made my report but doubt anything will happen.

(edited)

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

So Check it - I got- got this evening just like everyone else.  what's funny about my scenerio is the fact that i had not activated my card.  the people had the nerve to call me back a few hours later and TELL ME that I hadn't activated my card.  I said, I know - oh, HELL NAH, this is some BS AND HUNG UP.  Yep, it was $200 - AS SOON AS I ACTIVATED THE CARD - THE BALANCE WHAT $0!

Initially, I was mad as a hornet's azz, because it's always the SAME GROUP OF PEOPLE WITH THE SAME TYPE OF ACCENT!!  BUT, HERE'S THE GOOD NEWS!  

1. I can't miss what i never had

2.  I still have the card for $150 coming at some point

3.  It was NOT my bank account, debit cards or credit cards (so my credit's still in tact)

4.  I'M NOT BROKE!  

5. I have an OVERFLOW of food, wine and other :)

6.  I work everyday, so I make money everyday...and...

7.  Karma is a Bit*h!

So, it's all about perception - it's only $200 that was a 'gift' - I've opened gifts before and didn't like what i saw...this is one of them ! LOLLLLLL

IT'S ALL ABOUT PERCEPTION AND COUNTING ALL OF WHAT YOU DO HAVE AS OPPOSED TO WHAT YOU DON'T.  WHEN I LOOK AT IT....I COME OUT ON TOP! - I HAVE FAMILY, LOVE, FRIENDS, I BELIEVE IN THE MOST HIGH AND HE HAS SUPPLIED ME WITH EVERY BLESSING I HAVE...HOWEVER, HE has, through this event, taught me to not be so gullible.  I AM, however, in agreement with the majority of the people in this forum in believing that there is some type of breach with AT&T - the fact that they know your account number, when the card(s) are mailed and a host of other information - this needs to be exposed on a larger platform - if all AT&T can say is....'we don't issue refunds', and NOT, WE'LL INVESTIGATE THIS RIGHT AWAY and ask for the details, then I can't help but to wonder if i made the right choice switching from Xfinity to AT&T?  I've NEVER had this happen with Xfinity - NEVER - So, it's something for me to certainly ponder - by MOnday, I'll know what I'm going to do, in the meantime...

THAT'S IT.....

BE WELL PEOPLE - THIS TOO SHALL PASS!

(edited)

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Date Details Amount
11/12/2021 18:35:24 TECHCOMMLLC, 2289008882, CAUS -$200.00
11/10/2021 11:18:48 Load at Activation $200.00

Can someone please here confirm and check there gift cards and transactions, if above are same?

Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

2 years ago

This is a user forum, not AT&T support.  Call the number on the cards, we have no access to the information you're looking for. 

• 

21 Messages

2 years ago

My cards were charged by a company: techcom llc. I called them but they denied charging the card.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.