Internet

Internet

Share tips and tricks with other AT&T Internet customers.
Ask a question

Latest conversations

View More

(84765)
Getting 'An unexpected error has occurred' when downloading McAfee AT&T Security Suite

trying to download the mcafee internet security suite on my laptop and it's not working. When I click download I get a message, "An unexpected error has occurred

Questions

• Internet with AT&T Fiber

Intermittent AT&T FIBER — INTERNET 1000

My AT&T FIBER — INTERNET 1000 WiFi has been intermittent for probably several years by now. I have decided to make a forum post because it has been worse than usual. The speed is fine but the couple devices I use lose WiFi connection several times a day for a minute or less. I've recently starte

Questions

Accepted Solution

Intermittent internet

I have been having internet drops almost everyday for months now. I was so bad, I texted with support and got a refurbished BGW-210 to replace my original BGW-210 Gateway. I asked for a BGW-320 but they would not give me one. I received the refurbished model on Dec 6, 2022. I have been keeping a

Questions

Port Forwarding not working

When i go to make a port forward thingy it just doesnt wanna work, ive done this on my old router before and it was so simple, can someone maybe help?

Questions

• AT&T Internet

AirTies 4971 identifies as wireless when connected gateway via ethernet

I have just added a second airties 4971. My home is wired for ethernet to most rooms. both are connected via ethernet to the gateway and only one identifies as wired. After resets, the new one does say wired however it reverts back after some time. Any thoughts on why or what the issue is and how to

Questions

• AT&T Internet

This is the horrible internet service I have seen in my entire life

If you are not the only one in the area, I will NEVER NEVER NEVER choose you. SOOOO frustrating!!!!!!! FAKE installation appointment, no one shows up, keep rescheduling and ON HOLD when I call. Do you know I have to stay home waiting for you in the scheduled timeframe????? TELL ME HOW MANY CAL

Questions

VPN Not Connecting

I'm in the IT department for an Enterprise IT-as-a-Service provider and we have two AT&T users that can't connect to our VPN. We aren't seeing their traffic at our VPN endpoint and they are unable to ping our VPNs from their home.  However, both users are able to connect to our VPN while u

Questions

• AT&T Internet

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

McAfee free download

It says high speed ATT wireless internet and it is not true. It says McAfee free download and it is not true either or it is hiding somewhere that impossible to find. No internet security either.

Questions

• AT&T Internet

Configuring AT&T Fiber with Netgear Orbi

Hello, I have AT&T Fiber using an 2Wire 5268AC gateway. I also have a 2-node Netgear Orbi mesh network using RBR850 routers. I have configured them both for the gateway to passthrough the internet traffic from the gateway to the orbi, but I've been using old documentation from users in these c

Questions

• AT&T Internet

Wifi constantly disconnecting and re-connecting

Hello, I just got setup with AT&T Fiber and I am having an issue with intermittent connectivity. I have the linksys Velop mesh network for a router system connected via ethernet to the gateway. I noticed yesterday that the gateway is putting out its own Wifi signal. With a previous provider they

Questions

Be the first to reply

(29)
AirTies 4971 identifies as wireless when connected gateway via ethernet

I have just added a second airties 4971. My home is wired for ethernet to most rooms. both are connected via ethernet to the gateway and only one identifies as wired. After resets, the new one does say wired however it reverts back after some time. Any thoughts on why or what the issue is and how to

Questions

• AT&T Internet

Wifi constantly disconnecting and re-connecting

Hello, I just got setup with AT&T Fiber and I am having an issue with intermittent connectivity. I have the linksys Velop mesh network for a router system connected via ethernet to the gateway. I noticed yesterday that the gateway is putting out its own Wifi signal. With a previous provider they

Questions

UVerse and Internet Equipment

I would like to end my UVerse subscription to cut costs. I would also like to keep my ATT Fiber Internet connection. What ATT equipment will I need to keep and what ATT equipment should I replace to start streaming to my Samsung smart TV?

Questions

ethernet-connected device allocation shows pending

ethernet-connected device allocation shows pending, device requires static connection

Questions

ATT ads..

While watching Fox News shows on ATT, why do I keep seeing the ads about "STEM girls" or some such, over and over? Months ago, it was FB ad touting all the money spent to help with privacy. Just learned, after FB having to pay out multi-million dollar fines, those ads are gone. Why, why, why?

Questions

• AT&T Internet

My router doesn't serve DNS on Ethernet ports

I have multiple devices connected to my router. One is a wireless AP, that works fine all devices connected to the AP work fine. However devices connected directly to the router have stopped working. They receive a DHCP lease but do not receive DNS answers and setting the DNS servers manually also d

Questions

• AT&T Internet

Trending Accepted Solutions

(26)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

I would like to speak to a live person about my account

See subject. How can I contact in life person about my account? I am a senior on a fixed income and my bill increased nearly $20 per month. I cannot afford this. What can I do to reduce it?

Questions

• AT&T Internet

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ATT Damaged by Fiber installation in our subdivision

I have called every number I can find in this forum with 0 help, over 25 transfers to the "correct" department. And it's getting to the point where I'm going to just file it with the BBB.  I'm posting here as a last ditch effort to avoid any more headache. ATT is installing fiber in our sub

Questions

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Why is PC Wi-Fi Slower than Phone?

I have AT&T fiber. My BGW320-500 gateway speed test is 965/903 Wi-Fi speed test on my phone is 716/429 Wi-Fi speed test on PC is 230/180 PC and phone Wi-Fi speed test done from the same location  All devices are Wi-FI 6 Why is my PC so much slower than my phone?   

Questions

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Cost for putting AT&T fiber internet on vacation hold for a month

I am interested in signing up for AT&T fiber internet. I am planning a long trip this summer and would like to be able to put this service on hold for a month. Is that possible? If so, what's the cost?

Questions

Accepted Solution

Intermittent internet

I have been having internet drops almost everyday for months now. I was so bad, I texted with support and got a refurbished BGW-210 to replace my original BGW-210 Gateway. I asked for a BGW-320 but they would not give me one. I received the refurbished model on Dec 6, 2022. I have been keeping a

Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Expand all
Not finding what you're looking for?

Got a few minutes to learn more?

Check out these informative articles and resources.

Abstract rendering of Fiber optic internet.

EXPLAINER

What’s fiber internet?

Between remote work, gaming, streaming videos, social media, email, and so on, many of us spend a huge portion of our lives online. That’s what draws so m