Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
What is happening with 3G?
humphrjm's profile

6 Messages

Friday, April 5th, 2024 7:51 AM

ATT Cell Booster - SOS only?

Praying I don't just have a dead paperweight now. I have an ATT Cell Booster (the 4G one, misleading name since it is ethernet and not a booster), and all of the sudden yesterday, my phone starts showing SOS only and zero bars as the signal. iPhone 12 Pro Max. My wife's phone, iPhone 14 Pro, is showing zero bars as the signal. When I unplug the booster, I get 1 bar in the house from a real tower. Plugging back in the booster, after everything reconnects again, I get 4 bars for about 30 seconds, and then it drops back down to zero bars and SOS only again. I tried plugging into a different port and a different router entirely, with no avail. Tried power cycling the whole network, modem, router, and booster, with the same effect. Also tried to follow the real time diagnostic online but it "encountered an error, come back later"

3 Messages

1 month ago

Working again in New Mexico! Feels good to have it back. Thank you @OttoPylot for all your help and regular updates throughout the weekend.

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

1 month ago

Well that could be why my sons galaxy was saying the error on not connected to network.

on another crossing fingers currently it working here in Vail Arizona, will be keeping my eyes on the bar status.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

1 month ago

@humphrjm and @PhoneBoy123  See my response above as to the cause of the Cell Booster issue.

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

1 month ago

Appears to be up here in Scottsdale. Power cycled phone yet again and still cannot connect to WiFi-C tho now I can make and receive calls w/o getting the 'not registered on the network' msg. I'll continue to work with the ATT engineer on my WiFi-C connection issue I guess just in case this issue may appear somewhere down the line ;)

Appreciate your diligence with this issue Otto. Glad this forum provided the means for everyone to discuss the issue and for all here to know 'I'm not the only one...'.

(edited)

7 Messages

1 month ago

working now in Buckeye, AZ.  Thank you @OttoPylot  for all your leg work and updates.  And thank you everyone else here for posting your statuses and info!

3 Messages

1 month ago

Yes thank you @OttoPylot for facilitating this thread, it was helpful (probably for AT&T too) so we didn't have to unnecessarily waste extra time and get frustrated with support. Things are working properly in Queen Creek AZ as well.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

1 month ago

@1miletogo and @kdllml  You are welcome. There's still some WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) issues for some so I'll keep folks posted on that when I get some info, if I'm allowed to share.

3 Messages

1 month ago

I’m having same issues as OP as of 4/4 as well. In Surprise AZ

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

1 month ago

@Bekah459  The issue has been fixed for most users. Have you powered off your phone, wait a few seconds, and then powered it back on? Sometimes the phone needs to re-register the Cell Booster as part of its "cellular neighborhood".  I assume that all of the lights on the Cell Booster are a solid white.

3 Messages

1 month ago

@OttoPylot  it’s working now! Saw that right after I posted! Thank you! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.