Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
What is happening with 3G?
humphrjm's profile

6 Messages

Friday, April 5th, 2024 7:51 AM

ATT Cell Booster - SOS only?

Praying I don't just have a dead paperweight now. I have an ATT Cell Booster (the 4G one, misleading name since it is ethernet and not a booster), and all of the sudden yesterday, my phone starts showing SOS only and zero bars as the signal. iPhone 12 Pro Max. My wife's phone, iPhone 14 Pro, is showing zero bars as the signal. When I unplug the booster, I get 1 bar in the house from a real tower. Plugging back in the booster, after everything reconnects again, I get 4 bars for about 30 seconds, and then it drops back down to zero bars and SOS only again. I tried plugging into a different port and a different router entirely, with no avail. Tried power cycling the whole network, modem, router, and booster, with the same effect. Also tried to follow the real time diagnostic online but it "encountered an error, come back later"

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

1 month ago

Noted.

2 Messages

1 month ago

Gold Canyon, AZ as well 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

1 month ago

Got it.

7 Messages

1 month ago

I got a call from AT&T and they wanted to check and see if my cell booster was working.  Went through the whole troubleshooting process with them, they said everything looked fine on their end.  They did see a trending amount of issues logged for Cell boosters.  Said they would research and get back to me.  

4 Messages

1 month ago

@1miletogo Thanks for the update.  I really hope they resolve the issue rather than just "pacify" us.  I work from home and really need my phone to work. Cell service is so bad in N Las Vegas that I would have already switched carriers if any of the others had better signal.  Even prior to this issue, Wifi-C does not work for us, you can enable but the person on the other end can only hear about every 5th word and I have the strongest/fastest wifi plan offered.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

1 month ago

All that probably means is that they could ping your cell booster to determine that there was a connection between you and them. Baby steps.

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

1 month ago

Same issue Scottsdale AZ.

Wish I came here Friday. I'll spare you the gore for the most part. CallCenter has no idea of the issue. Have been on the phone 5 times at over 5+ hours SO FAR! They said I need new sim cards in both Android phones. Finally went to Scottsdale corp store yesterday where they are aware of the issue. They ended up swapping out both sims since they 'were old'. Thought all was fine when I left store but alas one works fine for WiFiCalling and they other throws the 'cannot setup wifi calling error'. Store rep gave me the * number they call for assistance. Asked for Tier II and spent an hour with them yesterday. Told to wait 24 hours for whatever they config'd for wifi calling to work. It's been 12 hours and no-go. I dredge having to call again but I think the 24 hours wait is malarkey.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

1 month ago

@PhoneBoy123 The issues with AT&T's Cell Booster and some WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) customers apparently started around 4/5 and has slowly spread to other service areas. Arizona appears to be the worse but there are complaints from Colorado, Nevada, and New Mexico as well. I compiled a list and notified AT&T of this. The word is just starting to get out to the CS Agents and some of the Corporate Stores. Right now it's a fishing expedition as to what the cause is and the fix. There is no ETA at this point in time on when a permanent fix will be applied. AT&T's engineers first have to isolate the issue and then come up with a resolution.

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

1 month ago

OttoPylot, Hope they figure it out soon, I had to unplug mine because it was draining my battery and my husband phone, because it would go from SOS 🆘 to one bar or no bar. Is there a number I can call and complain to? 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

1 month ago

@Mon8710  All you can do is call Customer Support, or try the link Contact Us . The more complaints AT&T receives from everyone the higher up the priority list the issue goes. There is a tipping point where the number of complaints generates a more active response from the engineers/IT group. I've sent a list of affected areas, and there complaints, to AT&T so they have been aware of this since around Wed but issues like this, especially if they are not affecting ALL service areas take time to isolate and fix. Unfortunately you'll just have to be patient.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.