Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
What is happening with 3G?
humphrjm's profile

6 Messages

Friday, April 5th, 2024 7:51 AM

ATT Cell Booster - SOS only?

Praying I don't just have a dead paperweight now. I have an ATT Cell Booster (the 4G one, misleading name since it is ethernet and not a booster), and all of the sudden yesterday, my phone starts showing SOS only and zero bars as the signal. iPhone 12 Pro Max. My wife's phone, iPhone 14 Pro, is showing zero bars as the signal. When I unplug the booster, I get 1 bar in the house from a real tower. Plugging back in the booster, after everything reconnects again, I get 4 bars for about 30 seconds, and then it drops back down to zero bars and SOS only again. I tried plugging into a different port and a different router entirely, with no avail. Tried power cycling the whole network, modem, router, and booster, with the same effect. Also tried to follow the real time diagnostic online but it "encountered an error, come back later"

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

1 month ago

This how it is in our house. The bouncing from wifi to 🆘 is causing my battery to drain and it’s been just sitting not getting a lot of use. I live in Arizona and the area I am I am lucky to have one bar if WiFi goes out. I really need the booster. I would be happier if they had tower close so I can use that.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

1 month ago

My area with issues is Vail Arizona 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

1 month ago

@Mon8710  There are lots of reported issues in the Arizona/New Mexico service areas. Affecting all kinds of users (cellular, Cell Booster, etc). AT&T is aware of it and are working on it but it's going to take time for them to isolate and fix.

• 

16 Messages

1 month ago

@OttoPylot  And Colorado..

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

1 month ago

@Marty51 Yep, Colorado too. And I forwarded that to AT&T. The CB Group is supposed to monitor this thread for new information so we'll see if they do or not. In any case, I'm keeping an eye on it and will update the areas as they are reported. So far, we have Arizona, Colorado, and New Mexico chiming in.

4 Messages

1 month ago

I am having the same issue in Las Vegas, NV. If I disconnect the cell booster I have 1 bar. Upon reconnect, goes back to SOS. WiFI calling also does not work for us so that’s not an Option. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

1 month ago

@mckentysa  WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) uses a couple of the same ports that the Cell Booster does so it certainly sounds like a server issue at the AT&T end of things. WiFi-C still works just fine here and I haven't bothered yet to fire up my Cell Booster for testing. Will pass along your location.

Contributor

• 

35 Messages

1 month ago

How about passing on my location it’s Vail Arizona 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

1 month ago

Done.

2 Messages

1 month ago

Same issue here in Henderson, NV too.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.