For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Wowo58's profile

Mentor

• 

75 Messages

Tuesday, October 7th, 2014 4:10 AM

Closed

Iphone 6 plus order dates compared to ship dates

I am not a pre-order person and didn't pre-order this time.  However, I needed another phone for business and decided to order the iphone plus as a personal line.  I ordered the iPhone 6 plus 64 gb in gold on September 22 and have a shipping date of October 30-November 10.  

In my logical way of thinking I believe orders should be filled by date ordered, period.  For those of you that ordered before me I believe you should have your orders fulfilled prior to me receiving mine.  

I am as anxious as everyone else to get my phone and am hoping for a glimmer of hope here.  So if you wouldn't mind can you please tell me when you ordered your phone and the date of shipping you were given?  If you have received your phone was it shipped to you within the shipping dates? Earlier or later?

Also does anyone have a timeframe for Lifeproof cases or Otterbox for iphone 6 plus?

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

Ordered 6 Plus 128 Gold on 11/26 and it shipped today 12/18! I got notification that it shipped while I was at the AT&T store planning to cancel the order and go to Apple 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

ordered 6+ SG 128 on 11/25,

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

ordered 6+ 128 SG on 11/25, estimated ship 12/26-1/6, received shipping email with ups tracking # just now, for 12/19 delivery. I'm in San francisco, premier bus acct.

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

9 years ago

Mentor

• 

45 Messages

9 years ago

Ordered 6 plus 128gb silver on 12/01 got tracking number tonight. Credit card hasn't charged yet though.

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

9 years ago

This whole experience was nothing but a joke. Let me tell you my experience. From beginning to end. It is a lengthy post, so bare with me. It might answer some of your questions.

I walked in the ATT Store on September 20th to order my iPhone. This was the day after launch.

Ordered: IPHONE 6 PLUS 128 GB SPACE GRAY

Shipping: OCT 29 - NOV 7

Since I'm on the NEXT Program, the Rep told me that in order to place the order, I had to pay the taxes up front. Cash. To me, that was a bit odd, but what do I know how things run at ATT? So I ended paying the taxes cash. The waiting game begins...

October 29 came and went. Checked the status EVERY SINGLE DAY of my shipping window. Talked to reps at the store to get answers. Nothing. On the last day, November 7th, of my shipping window, I got the email the majority of the customers recieved. The order was not available. It stated that I could call and cancel or continue waiting. This is where the frustration began. At this point, I paid the taxes cash, waited 2 months, and still no phone. The waiting game continues...

Same Order: IPHONE 6 PLUS 128 GB SPACE GRAY

New Shipping: DEC 12 - DEC 19  

At this point, I'm frustrated but kept saying to myself, "this time they will ship it at that frame time." I started reading on here that people started receiving their 64 GB, so I start getting hopeful. Then comes December 11, a day before my second shipping window. I get an email that just blew my head off. MY ORDER WAS CANCELED! Boy was I beyond mad. I called right away to get answeres.

The Rep told me that there was an error with the credit card. WHAT? I told her why my credit card was involved. She said the error was because they were trying to take out the taxes for the phone. WHAT? I PAID THE TAXES AT THE STORE, CASH! First of all, I didnt know why my card declined if I had more than enough to cover it. Secondly, I had already paid the taxes. She ended up saying I had to go back to the store and talk to a manager. So I did.

I went to the store to fix this situation. Well, they fixed nothing. They couldn't find the transaction and I didn't have 1 of the 2 reciepts they gave me. What they did find was that they had been charging me monthly for the iPhone 6 Plus, under the NEXT Program, for the two months. THEY WERE CHARGING ME FOR A PHONE I DIDN'T HAVE! I ended loosing the taxes I paid ($76) for the order. I was mad, but I still wanted the phone.

Two days later I called to see if I can still get my iPhone in the same shipping window (DEC 12-19) if I paid the taxes, the Rep said yes, most definitely. I made the decision to pay another $76. My card was charged. After that transaction was made, I got no email confirmation, no receipt of the transaction, nothing. I called two days later to see what was going on. This is when I broke down.

The rep told me that because my order was canceled, they had to start the process all over again. He said the phone was going to ship two or three weeks after January 1st, 2015. Another month. That would make it a total of 4 months of waiting for the iPhone 6 Plus. I told the Rep my whole situation to see if I can get it at least before Christmas, but no. I was soo mad, I canceled on the spot. They then told me my money will be returned, along with my update availability within 7-8 days. At this point, my blood was boiling. All the lies, miscommunication, was a waste of my time and money.

Out of curiosity, I checked the APPLE Store online. They had the phone in stock but in 64 GB. They didn't have the 128 GB I ordered but what I found shocking/interesting was that they ship that phone within 7-10 days. SEVEN TO TEN DAYS! Never again will I EVER be ordering from ATT again.

In conclusion, I lost $76 and I got no phone. I will not be ordering from ATT again. I will document EVERYTHING after this with ATT. If you're loyal to APPLE, like I am, order directly from them, not ATT.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

I've had a horrible experience. After waiting 3 months they canceled my order. They couldn't charge my card because it was ordered on a card that had been Compromiser since the order. They weren't able to update my order with a new card and said they would have to cancel and reorder. After a month of waiting... I spoke to my card company that said the order would still go through because the old card number would still post charges to my account if the charge is legitimate. So I didn't cancel. Well the order did get canceled by att. After I was forced to reorder they said I would get to the front of the line but lose the trade-in offer for early order. I was actully put to the back. Another month wait. I complained to ATTs facebook page and someone reached out to me. They weren't able to help either. I went to best buy. Switched to Verizon and settled for a 64 gb phone. I will never use Att services ever again. I will be canceling my wife's phone too. The great thing is a best buy couple getting two phones from ATt went with Verizon after they started ordering because of my story. Poor customer service costs a lot more that companies realize.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I was in the same boat as you. I pre-ordered my SG 6 Plus 128gb on 9/12, only to wait 2 months and then have my ordered cancelled. Unfortunately they weren't lying when it comes to your order being cancelled due to your credit card. I called my CC company and they stated if there's a pending charge lasting over a month (in most cases) they cancel the charge on their own. It was the first time I heard of it, but when you have the NEXT plan they aren't actually supposed to charge you until you physically get the phone. Sounds like ATT did something fishy having you pay the taxes cash and charging you before you got the phone.

Luckily for me, I went to ATT, ... and my phone will arrive Monday now. Apparently Apple is finally catching up with orders and that's why a lot of people are getting them now.

[word filter avoidance]

Scholar

• 

184 Messages

8 years ago

I was in the same situation

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

8 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this subject. The topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.