Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
Wowo58's profile

Mentor

• 

75 Messages

Tuesday, October 7th, 2014 4:10 AM

Closed

Iphone 6 plus order dates compared to ship dates

I am not a pre-order person and didn't pre-order this time.  However, I needed another phone for business and decided to order the iphone plus as a personal line.  I ordered the iPhone 6 plus 64 gb in gold on September 22 and have a shipping date of October 30-November 10.  

In my logical way of thinking I believe orders should be filled by date ordered, period.  For those of you that ordered before me I believe you should have your orders fulfilled prior to me receiving mine.  

I am as anxious as everyone else to get my phone and am hoping for a glimmer of hope here.  So if you wouldn't mind can you please tell me when you ordered your phone and the date of shipping you were given?  If you have received your phone was it shipped to you within the shipping dates? Earlier or later?

Also does anyone have a timeframe for Lifeproof cases or Otterbox for iphone 6 plus?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Regarding shipping out more recent orders before older/overdue orders, I'll put it like this - sometimes it's better to not make more customers angry even if it means you make some customers angrier. As a waitor, if you get behind in service to a particular table or two you don't make all of your tables suffer while you try and work harder to appease an already angry and not likely to change customer. You acknowledge the fail and keep the service for everyone else as good as you can. I'm not saying ATT is doing this intentionally but it is a common strategy to mitigate complaints and make your customer base whollistically happier. It's more likely that ATT is using some horribly ancient mainframe system to manage their supply chain and this is what you get as a result.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Uhg, finally. My order status changed around 10:30p cst to "pending confirmation". The results in forums for that message varied from your order is about to get pushed back to you're about to get it. Then I checked the main att.com site > wireless orders and sure enough I have my tracking number. Fedex reports it will be at my door at 8pm on friday. I'll believe it when I see it. My guess is the confirmation status is a glitch or temporary.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

I ordered on oct 9th, via att premiere site, 6+ 128 SG. Hopefully I don't run into any of the out of the box issues I've been reading about.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

I just got the email that it's shipping and I'll have it Christmas Eve, I hope everyone else gets the same email soon! 🙂

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

Otterbox or life proof (I lean towards Otterbox then anything else) Otterbox isn't waterproof but I've never had a phone break with one on it, they always look like new.

Jennie Frost

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

I just wanted to provide an update.  Ordered on 11/15 and received last night (12/17/14) that the Iphone 6 Pluse 128GB Space Gray has shipped and is expected to arrive on Friday (12/19/14).  Looks like the orders are getting caught up and are shipping ahead of the expected ship dates.  Good luck!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Btw, I never received an email about my shipment status or tracking number. And the order status link from my original order email still does not report the correct info. So, you all might want to check the main att.com account page for your wireless order status if you have a 12/19 shipping window and no update yet.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Just got my tracking number from ATT. 

Space Gray Iphone 6 Plus 128GB

Ordered 10/9/2014.

It should be here tomorrow by 8pm according to Fedex.  It is coming out of Ford Worth, TX.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

@ImplicitDissent wrote:
Btw, I never received an email about my shipment status or tracking number. And the order status link from my original order email still does not report the correct info. So, you all might want to check the main att.com account page for your wireless order status if you have a 12/19 shipping window and no update yet.

It took almost 12hrs for my shipping confirmation email to be delivered.  The phone was picked up at 9:47pm 12/17/2014 and I literally just got the shipping email 10min ago.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Ordered Space Gray 6 plus on September 25 and just picked it up at the AT&T store today.  I love it!  Charging and updating and making it just like the iPhone 5 I just replaced.  Except bigger.  haha  They're all coming out now....just keep hanging on a little longer.  🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.