Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
theimortal1974's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Monday, November 30th, 2015 6:01 AM

being charge for a FREE tablet

i went to an att kiosk on may 15th 2015.  i told them i wanted a tablet.  they said if you get a samsung s6 you would get a free samsung tablet.  i had to give up my iphone to do it.  6 months later i see on my bill that they have been charging me a monthly installment for my FREE tablet.  i chatted with someone online and they  made a case and looked into it admitting that it was a mistake and it should be free.  a month later there is still another charge on the free tablet.  i call and they tell me the case was closed and not only will not refund the money they fraudulently took but the will keep taking money.  they deny there ever was a free tablet.  finally i talk to a manager and she was all nice and understanding and said she would look into it.  tonight i look at my bill and i was charged 209.99 (the remaining balance on my free tablet) all at once AND it was past due.  

i talked to a manager and he said there is no such thing as a free tablet.  the manager i talked to lied to me to get me off the phone.

am beyond *** right now.  att is not getting a single *** dime from me.  they can take it to a collection agency.  if i ever find proof that i was promised a free tablet i will [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Scholar

• 

335 Messages

6 years ago

@hliban,

but you agree on it thats why you are under this kind of mess. lol

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

6 years ago

@Haditinchitown

You think other carriers don't do this?   It’s a “sales” business.  Xfinity/Comcast aka Comcrap to all its current and former customers, is one of the worst.  T-mobile has the best rep for mobile customer service, and they do it.  Verizon does it.  We as customers have to wise up and just say no, read before we sign, and not ask the salesman if they are screwing us over to get a commission (Lie to me baby, lie to me!)

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I was, but am not in any mess anymore. I've definitely  learned my lesson. Never buy phones from AT&T stores.  (Or for that matter, any store that uses questionable sales tactics)  There are four people in our house.  We now only buy through other outlets (Amazon,  Ebay, Gazelle, Walmart, Target).

Scholar

• 

335 Messages

6 years ago

thats a wise decision but please ask and read things over before you order. why?

there are a lot of fraud happening to all carriers, phones may be locked to carriers and can never be unlocked because of fraud.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Nothing to " read over". This was done over the phone
With a rep from AT& T . All verbal.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

This has just happened to me as well.  I called AT&T to see what their home wifi service terms were, because I was unhappy with my provider.  They said if I switched to Att, they would give me a free tablet.  So I switched.  Now, not only have I been charged for the tablet, but ATT activated the phone number account without my permission.  I'm pretty sure that's illegal.  I've been on the phone all day to resolve the issue and even went into a store to return the tablet as instructed by a customer service agent.  The store would not accept the return.  Then customer service said the return was impossible. 

This is what I will do:

I'm writing my congressman with a complaint that i have been scamed by ATT.  I will copy all web fourm links with people with similar complaints.  This is unethical and ATT knows they are doing it. 

I will blast them on Social Media for unethical business practices.

They have lost a customer for life.  I will cancel my wifi account and never give them another dime. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

This has just happened to me as well.  I called AT&T to see what their home wifi service terms were, because I was unhappy with my provider.  They said if I switched to Att, they would give me a free tablet.  So I switched.  Now, not only have I been charged for the tablet, but ATT activated the phone number account without my permission.  I'm pretty sure that's illegal.  I've been on the phone all day to resolve the issue and even went into a store to return the tablet as instructed by a customer service agent.  The store would not accept the return.  Then customer service said the return was impossible. 

This is what I will do:

I'm writing my congressman with a complaint that i have been scamed by ATT.  I will copy all web fourm links with people with similar complaints.  This is unethical and ATT knows they are doing it. 

I will blast them on Social Media for unethical business practices.

They have lost a customer for life.  I will cancel my wifi account and never give them another dime. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

https://www.ftc.gov/about-ftc/bureaus-offices/bureau-consumer-protection/about-bureau-consumer-protection

The FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection stops unfair, deceptive and fraudulent business practices by collecting complaints and conducting investigations, suing companies and people that break the law, developing rules to maintain a fair marketplace, and educating consumers and businesses about their rights and responsibilities.

There is a link to file a complaint on this website!  Let's get to it!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

OVER 15,000 VIEWS on your original post!!!

https://www.ftc.gov/about-ftc/bureaus-offices/bureau-consumer-protection/about-bureau-consumer-prote...

The FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection stops unfair, deceptive and fraudulent business practices by collecting complaints and conducting investigations, suing companies and people that break the law, developing rules to maintain a fair marketplace, and educating consumers and businesses about their rights and responsibilities.

There is a link to file a complaint on this website!  Let's get to it!  I've never felt rap*d by a company until this tablet crap happened to me, and they are STILL GETTING AWAY WITH IT!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@FoolMe1x That may be true but the government agency that overseas wireless carriers is the FCC. I don’t know what, if anything, the FTC would do with a complaint. Complaints to the FCC, however, do get attention.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.