For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
theimortal1974's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Monday, November 30th, 2015 6:01 AM

being charge for a FREE tablet

i went to an att kiosk on may 15th 2015.  i told them i wanted a tablet.  they said if you get a samsung s6 you would get a free samsung tablet.  i had to give up my iphone to do it.  6 months later i see on my bill that they have been charging me a monthly installment for my FREE tablet.  i chatted with someone online and they  made a case and looked into it admitting that it was a mistake and it should be free.  a month later there is still another charge on the free tablet.  i call and they tell me the case was closed and not only will not refund the money they fraudulently took but the will keep taking money.  they deny there ever was a free tablet.  finally i talk to a manager and she was all nice and understanding and said she would look into it.  tonight i look at my bill and i was charged 209.99 (the remaining balance on my free tablet) all at once AND it was past due.  

i talked to a manager and he said there is no such thing as a free tablet.  the manager i talked to lied to me to get me off the phone.

am beyond *** right now.  att is not getting a single *** dime from me.  they can take it to a collection agency.  if i ever find proof that i was promised a free tablet i will [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I have that same "free tablet" it's a Samsung I got it for getting the new iPhone 6 on the next plan. With 2 year agreement! I hate it

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

are you paying montly installments as well.  cause they ain't a 2 year agreement.  it's either a 2 year agreement OR you pay for 2 years NOT both.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

No installments but I do play $15/ month for the "qualifying data plan . What a joke

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

i saw another post that said the same thing.  i wonder how many people has att ripped off with this.  [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have the same situation from May @ATT. I bought a Samsung S6 Edge which I was offered a free pile of ^*^+ LG tablet. Still being charged my monthly free charge. This sucks. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

8 years ago

I am the anomaly.  

When I signed up for service, I actually stood and read the entire contents of the agreement off the tablet before I signed it.   I knew my free tablet came with 2 years if cellular service at 10 per month.  Actually, I knew it would before reading my contract, because I also read the advertisement for the free tablet.  It was free with a 2 year service agreement, which means a $10 per month cellular access fee.

Months after I brought over my family lines, 

I bought a spare phone from eBay and took it in for a new line and SIM card.  A young man set me up, but incorrectly set up my BYOD as a 2 year contract line.  I caught the error because I read before I signed.

People make mistakes.  It's much harder to fix them later.  Call it an ounce of prevention

It is every customers responsibility to read before you sign.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

i should of explained this earlier.  i am getting charged 10 dollars a month, that's for shared data.  i am ALSO getting charged 15 dollars a month for installment plan on my FREE tablet.  that's the

[Inappropriate content removed]

part.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

8 years ago

The guidelines are pretty strict any mention of legal issues gets redacted.

You mentioned a two charges, pardon my asking for clarification.  The $10 a month would be the line fee for a tablet, I have two tablets on my account.  

But the $15 charge I'm not sure about.  

Are you on the Mobile share value plan?  Or an older individual data type plan, without shared data?  

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

the 15 dollar fee is the installation attnxt fee.  like when you buy a phone on the nxt plan you pay like 30 dollars a month for 24-30 months.  the problem is i never agreed to any nxt plan on the tablet.  it was supposed to be free.  i understand the 10 dollar a month fee.  i have to have a data plan on it.  i'm just glad they didn't charge me the full price for another data plan seperate from my phone which i do not need.

whatever i'm finished with this.  this is the last time i'm posting this.  i will never trust one of att's lying slimy salesmen ever again.  and i will never buy anything from one of those small mall kiosk's (which is where i got the "free" tablet from).  one time i went to a verizon kiosk and got a phone and found out later that he never put insurance on it like i asked and it was too late to do anything about it.  thank god nothing happened to that phone.  this kiosk problem was leaps and bounds more serious cause it's costing me 299.99.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

okay one last response.  part of the reason i'm so upset over this is because i gave up my iphone to get this.  and i loved my iphone.  i wouldn't of done that if the tablet wasn't really free.  also i went through a nightmare to get it (had to convince my mom to help me cause i couldn't afford to pay off the iphone.)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.