Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

5 years ago

@baseballisback is a forum ACE, which by definition cannot be an AT&T employee. These disputes always boil down to the programming provider (Nexstar) & carrier (AT&T) saying that the other party is being unreasonable. Bear in mind that in this case, AT&T is trying to avoid paying more for the programming that we all want. If they're forced to cave and pay more for the programming, that additional cost will eventually be passed along to us, the customers. I don't like it, either, but it's the way of business for ALL cable & satellite providers. I'm in a Nexstar area in central Ohio, and my digital antenna is working just fine to bring in the local NBC station not being carried by AT&T at this time.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

How can we watch NBC and CBS programs in Fresno, CA (channels 24 and 47)

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF CRAP YOUR TRYING TO PULL REMOVING THE NBC CHANNEL OF WHICH WE PAY GOOD MONEY FOR, WHERE DO YOU COME OFF MAKING THE DECISION FOR ALL THE PATRONS WHO CHOSE DIRECT TV/AT & T AS THEIR TV PROVIDER. CORPORATE COMPANIES DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE PATRONS WHAT THEY CARE ABOUT IS THE ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR. I EXPECT TO GET MY NBC CHANNEL RE-INSTALLED AS PART OF MY LOCAL CHANNEL LINE-UP. THANK YOU!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

NBC has been blacked out for other a month and now, CBS is out too. People are getting fed up. So is this actively being worked? Will y’all put an update out to all of your people? The best we have gotten is, “we hope to have it back as soon as possible.” I don’t think that’s good enough for everyone. I see a lot of people, us included, who are actively looking at other cable and internet bundles with other providers because to have two of the biggest channels out there out of your line up is no good. We need a real update on the process. We need to know that the channels WILL be back and they will be back within a month or two or whatever you can gather. 

Scholar

• 

237 Messages

5 years ago

So, with any cable provider that I get, I have to also go out and purchase
a digital antenna just in the off chance that a dispute comes up.

In this case, there was no advanced notice that thre was going to be an
issue; just on the air one day and then the next day gone and off the air.

At least with the NFL Network, there was prior notice.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.3K Messages

5 years ago

@edna72 wrote:

Restore my NBC local channel OR CREDIT MY ACCOUNT immediately.  I will be checking with other carriers if this is not corrected quickly.

No credit. As long as one local channel is provided, your bill remains the same.

Local affiliate pulled the feed attempting to use customers against the TV provider to raise rates. Quicker resolution means enjoy it on the next rate increase. I prefer negotiations to take as long as they need to minimize the increase.

No TV provider is immune, so switching carries will not save you. They all go through this. This is just DirecTV's turn for this specific channel.

Plug in a antenna and get the free broadcast. If you have a 2nd/3rd generation Genie (HR44/HR54) then call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 and ask about their Local Channel Connector (LCC). They have been providing this to customers in a negotiation area so they can get the free broadcast through their Genie. Allows them to record, not have to change TV inputs, and may even pick up additional channels in the area that DirecTV didn't have.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Manistque I guess you didn’t bother to read any of the responses. Once again, Directv did not remove your NBC channel. The NBC channel pulled their signal from Directv. Also, this is a customer to customer forum. You are communicating with other customers here, no need to shout. You are reacting exactly the way your local NBC channel hoped you would by blaming Directv. Don’t give in to the extortion.

Employee

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am a directv customer and am extremely upset to hear that you are considering removing my local news channel wjbf channel 6 from my direct tv lineup. Just to make things clear, I also subscribe to sling tv and have local antenna service so I will cancel my Direct TV service if AT&T chooses to not broadcast my local ABC news programming. I won’t even give it a second thought. I use my streaming TV more than Direct TV anyway.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

AT&T says KRON owner Nexstar is to blame for asking for too much money.  Nexstar says that AT&T won't negotiate in good faith.  Both are likely to blame.  And nobody wins.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

My monthly bill has increased $20 over the past two months. Today I learned you eliminated the CBS and FOX Networks from my line-up of viewing options. So I am paying more for less service. That is the problem I have with AT&T and this country.  P. Trump and AT&T are all about charging more for less. Will AT&T recover CBS & FOX broadcasting today? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.