Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Marybear2327 wrote:

How can we watch NBC and CBS programs in Fresno, CA (channels 24 and 47)

You will need to use an off-air antenna until the corporation that owns those stations allows DirecTV to provide them again. This is an all too common negotiating tactic used by these corporations to extort more money from TV service providers.  None are immune, so even switching providers won't help. 

Find out who owns those stations and call them. Request that the allow DirecTV to continue carrying them while negotiations continue. And ask them why providers like Dish, DirecTV and Comcast have to pay them anything when they get to use our public airwaves for FREE?!?  And these providers increase their viewership and overall advertising revenue.  They're shooting themselves in the foot!

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

You will need to use an off-air antenna until the corporation that owns those stations allows DirecTV to provide them again. This is an all too common negotiating tactic used by these corporations to extort more money from TV service providers.  None are immune, so even switching providers won't help. 

Find out who owns those stations and call them. Request that the allow DirecTV to continue carrying them while negotiations continue. And ask them why providers like Dish, DirecTV and Comcast have to pay them anything when they get to use our public airwaves for FREE?!?  And these providers increase their viewership and overall advertising revenue.  They're shooting themselves in the foot!

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

@KandyCordova wrote:

My monthly bill has increased $20 over the past two months. Today I learned you eliminated the CBS and FOX Networks from my line-up of viewing options. So I am paying more for less service. That is the problem I have with AT&T and this country.  P. Trump and AT&T are all about charging more for less. Will AT&T recover CBS & FOX broadcasting today? 

Here we go again 😞

DirecTV didn't pull the channels, their owners did. 

You will need to use an off-air antenna until the corporation that owns those stations allows DirecTV to provide them again. This is an all too common negotiating tactic used by these corporations to extort more money from TV service providers.  None are immune, so even switching providers won't help. This might be a good time to get DirecTV's Local Channel Connector (if you have HR44/HR54), or request a credit. 

Find out who owns those stations and call them. Request that they allow DirecTV to continue carrying them while negotiations continue. And ask them why providers like Dish, DirecTV and Comcast have to pay them anything when they get to use our public airwaves for FREE?!?  After all, these service providers increase their viewership and overall advertising revenue.  They're shooting themselves in the foot!

The FCC and Congress could easily fix this. Just allow service providers to deliver an out-of-area station when local stations get greedy.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

We are now blocked from viewing WNAB & WKRN (ABC Network). Will we receive a credit for time lost? AND, how could you NOT have a contract with one of the 4 networks?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

For the past two months AT&T has been my DirecTV (owned by NEXSTAR) provider and have increased my monthly service fee $20 over the last two months. AT&T has also reduced my service by eliminating the CBS & FOX Networks from my viewing selection. Will these two channels be available when the dispute between AT&T and Nexstar is settled over how much each will recover from the extra $20 AT&T is scamming me for?

ACE - Expert

• 

32.3K Messages

5 years ago

Local affiliate pulled feed trying to raise costs, using us customers as leverage. https://tvpromise.att.com/

Rates only get adjusted once a year, in January (this year at max about $10 depending what you had). So a $20 difference in the last couple months is most likely discounts completing as they are not permanent. So not a scam. Read through your last couple bills to see the exact differences.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

It has become apparent you are charging too much for local stations to be able to use your services and yet you up charges yearly to us customers.  Come on, we are the reason you exist;. Get our local channels back 

ACE - Expert

• 

32.3K Messages

5 years ago

@Manistque 

Local affiliate (not DirecTV) pulled the feed to leverage customers to try and increase costs. Instead of yelling at other customers in all CAPS and blaming DirecTV, educate yourself on the situation: https://tvpromise.att.com/

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

We are not getting NBC.....if direct tv does not get NBC back on its lineup....we will drop  direct tv so fast....so sick and tired of the corporate crap....all about the money..they could care less about the customer service.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.3K Messages

5 years ago

@directvpromise wrote:

We are not getting NBC.....if direct tv does not get NBC back on its lineup....we will drop  direct tv so fast....so sick and tired of the corporate crap....all about the money..they could care less about the customer service.

Try reading. The local affiliate of NBC pulled the feed to leverage customers in an attempt to raise costs. It is all about the money, from your local affiliate. Dropping DirecTV will not save you as other TV providers go through this.

Before placing blame and complaining about customer service, educate yourself: https://tvpromise.att.com/

Would you prefer DirecTV just accept the increased rates so you can enjoy that on your bill?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.