For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

The station will return when the corporation that owns your local channel allows DirecTV to carry their signal again.

This has become an all too common negotiating tactic by station corporations to extort more of our subscriber dollars. And it happens to all TV providers.

Contact the corporation that owns your local station and tell them to return their signal while negotiations continue. And ask them why providers like Dish, DirecTV and Comcast should pay them anything to deliver a station that gets to use our public airwaves for FREE?!? They're only shooting themselves in the foot by losing viewers and precious advertising revenue. 

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Manistque wrote:

WHAT RIGHT DO YOU HAVE TO REMOVE ONE OF MY LOCAL CHANNELS THAT I PAY HIGH PRICE MONEY FOR. 🤬I AM VERY VERY ANGRY SND UPSET, SO MUCH SO THAT I AM STRONGLY THINKING ABOUT DROPPING AT&T /DIRECT TV AND GOING BACK WITH MY ANTENNA THAT IS STILL HOOKED UP TO MY HOUSE. WHO DONYOU THINK YOU ARE. AS USUALLY ITS ALWAYS ABOUT THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR$.

Switching back to your antenna is the only way to avoid this BS. All service providers are getting hit up for more and more money.

The station will return when the corporation that owns your local channel allows DirecTV to carry their signal again.

This has become an all too common negotiating tactic by station corporations to extort more of our subscriber dollars. And it happens to all TV providers.

Contact the corporation that owns your local station and tell them to return their signal while negotiations continue. And ask them why providers like Dish, DirecTV and Comcast should pay them anything to deliver a station that gets to use our public airwaves for FREE?!? They're only shooting themselves in the foot by losing viewers and precious advertising revenue. 

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Littledarlen wrote:

Not able to watch my local channel, directv not useful....

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

@pegf55 wrote:

Just now found out local ABC and KCWI aren't available due to negotiations with Nextstar

The stations will return when Nextstar (the corporation that owns your local channel)s allows DirecTV to carry their signal again.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Why have we lost FOX...we pay all this money and you take channels off.  Time to get away from satellite 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

5 years ago

I believe that the OP was referring to the  must-carry rule.  I don't know if it only applies to cable companies and Uverse/DirecTV is not cable.  But I believe THIS is the caveat:

If a broadcaster elects retransmission content, there is no obligation for the cable system to carry the signal.

And isn't this what the whole snag is....retransmission fees and content?

Scholar

• 

237 Messages

5 years ago

I have to say that as a customer, I'm tired of being in the middle of these disputes with the service po provider (AT&T) and the content owner (Nexstar in this case). Since establishing service around October 2018, this is the second dispute that has affected my service. Why is there no advanced notice that there could be a disruption of service?

Willie I have not confirmed yet, according to tvpromises, my local NBC station is affected by this dispute. What I don't get though is why each company points the finger at the other and says they are to blame (i.e. At&t pointing the finger at Nexstar and saying we tried to compromise or negotiate and then Nexstar saying that At&t refused to come to an agreement with the terms).

The timing of these blackouts also seems top be convenient. NFL Network being pulled from AT&T right before the NFL draft (and thre NFL NETWORK STILL has yet to return). Now, right at midnight on July 4, all local networks get pulled from the lineup and the customer is the one inconvenienced by all this. 

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Pubs1933 wrote:

Why have we lost FOX...we pay all this money and you take channels off.  Time to get away from satellite 

Yep. The way to avoid these disruptions is to go back to good 'ol off-air antennas. 

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

@BudKor2 wrote:

I just lost a local channel and DIRECTV wants me to call a third party and complaion. My contract is with DirecTV not Nexstar, they are the ones who agreed to provide me with ALL LOCAL channel with my package. Now they also tell to the contact TVPromise.com...WHY the promise is with DirectV...good thing have Antenna TV, ROKU anf FIRESTICK and very soon DIRECTV will be just a memory......

Sure. Your contract is with DirecTV. But NextStar owns your local station, and the get to pull their signal while they negotiate for more of your money.

The station will return when NextStar allows DirecTV to carry their signal again.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

5 years ago

No idea which one you are referring to. I have always had my NBC. When did you lose it? Do you have other locals? What device? Do you have it in your mobile device?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.