For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
SaneTezz's profile

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, February 23rd, 2022 3:27 PM

Closed

Phone won't make or receive calls

Hi,  so phone won't make or receive calls but is fine with texts and internet and the rest of everything.   

The bills paid 

Not in airplane mode

Tried restarting

Tried airplane mode then deactivating

Removed Apps that could be fishy

Cleared my internet info 

And finally just went and factory reset my phone. 

And still will not make calls. 

I've tried businesses and friends but just get the "can't connect" with beep beep beep beep.

My husband and kid s both have functioning phones.  However my mother in law is having the same issue on her iPhone through atnt and I have a Samsung... so...  what's going on?  Just started yesterday. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

2 years ago

@formerlyknownas 

That list @ChuckCar posted is from 2020...  

@whois66 

See above this has been going on for 2 years.  BYOP customers should be check more often about if a phone will work.  

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 - stop the excuses. They know exactly what phone I have. They are spamming me about an 'available upgrade' from the day I got it. Just like my other family with literally the previous model. Nowhere they mentioned that my 4G LTE phone would stop working in the 3G shutoff, so there was no reason to start digging for well-hidden documents that might indicate that phone-support would expire.

I would suggest you stop your excuses as well. Victim-blaming is not helpful.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

2 years ago

The AT&T list

Non carrier, unlocked phones that will work on AT&T now that 3-g is GONE

Not the same as... 

Firstnet government mandated network

Firstnet approved phones

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

2 years ago

Even UK customers in 2020 knew about AT&T 3G shutdown and migration to HD Voice/VoLTE. 

https://telecoms.com/505725/att-causes-mass-confusion-with-3g-shutdown-announcement/

• 

53 Messages

2 years ago

When I was last with AT&T back in 2019, they announced it and sent out information about it. 3 years ago...

So im confused how no one knew about it and didn't at least check in frequently about it over the last few years. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

2 years ago

@Timbeh0617

Right?

🤷🏼‍♀️

I do find it's odd that AT&T has been kicking phones off the network for nearly a full year and has still managed to miss some.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

2 years ago

@whois66

Stating facts is not an excuse.

🙄

AT&T has been notifying customers for 18 months.  And got heckled in the media for doing so too soon. 

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

@formerlyknownas - yes, they missed quite a few. As stated, the end of 3G was known, but even that was better communicated by other companies.

After (apparently wrongly) advised by AT&T-support online that I might need a new SIM, I visited the AT&T store on Tuesday, and it was full of people having the problems with their calls. Most of the people where there with 4G LTE equipment. The AT&T workers in the (AT&T-owned, not a retailer) store had zero idea of what was going on, and eventually were sending people away with the message that it was a temporary issue, and that it was going to be fixed soon.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

2 years ago

@whois66 

Your mad I get it.  But its still no going to change the fact you need a new phone.

Using outsourced support for chat and call centers caused a lot of what you are seeing.  I don't agree with out sourcing call centers just a fyi

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

2 years ago

@whois66

Which other companies are these that communicated it better?

T-Mobile and Verizon who still aren't shut down and won't be until the end of this year?

How did they communicate better? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.