Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Check for service outages
Berezay4's profile

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

Friday, June 29th, 2018 2:17 AM

Closed

Coverage is terrible all of a sudden

I have had AT&T for 15 plus years in Manteca, CA. Area code 95337. Always great service for the most part. Never any issues. I’d say for the last few weeks coverage has been awful. 1 bar maybe 2 if lucky. Internet either won’t work or is really slow when I’m out and about shopping and looking things up in stores. Very frustrating!

My mom had some issues with her phone and when she went into our local AT&T store an associate told her that they took down a tower and we’re not planning on replacing it for a few years. I really hope this is not true. Please help! I don’t even care if I have awesome coverage, at this point I’d be happy with decent coverage.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Same thing going on here in Mississippi and Alabama we went from fair spotty service to no service.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am currently in North West Alabama and recently swapped to ATT from Verizon. Worst decision ever. They told me that my Verizon Google Pixel XL 2 would work fine but all I ever get is H+ signal. I had never even heard of it. Going back to Verizon next week.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I’ve also had very poor service through both of the bases I’ve been stationed at and I’ve had ATT for YEARS and no I can’t use Instagram, YouTube, even surfing the internet is nearly impossible on a good day, calls drop, don’t get calls sometimes because it has 1 bad or “no service” I’m leaving ATT to go to Verizon, this is absurd that for 6 months I’ve had this problem and it hasn’t gotten any better and now it’s time to switch...

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Just seeing this thread and had to contribute.   I am in the Covington, LA area and have been with ATT for 30 yrs.   At one point we have had every service bundled from home phones to internet to tv to cell phones.   Since Katrina the service has slowly but steadily gone down hill.   We have since replace our home service with Spectrum and are very satisfied.   My husband had about 20 cell phones on his business account and we are about to switch all of those to Verizon because as of recently, I have gone from full bar coverage on my cell while in my home to one bar or less.   When my husband goes to his hunting camp, I've had to get him a Verizon go phone because our full coverage up there has gone down to literally nothing.   Some of my friends in various neighborhoods around Covington, LA have also lost coverage in their homes and have either switched or about to switch to another service.    Not sure what's going on, but if AT&T is wondering why they may be loosing customers, here's your answer.    Inconsistent service, knowledgeable customer service and difficult to get out of "contracts".   It's a shame.   30 years of loyalty with our family and businesses.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Yes! We have 7 wireless lines here in Greenville SC &, like the many others complaining, our service is terrible! When four of us visited Miami 3 weeks ago service was even worse! 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

We have over 9 lines in our family. We had decent service for over 20 years. Now we have trouble w calls & internet. We are in Greenville/ Taylor’s SC, Miami,DC & Boston. Concerned enough to be looking into other services. Customer service has declined!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

We are disappointed too over 20 years with the company. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I live in Lufkin / East, TX and have always had great service, never any issues for over 10 years. In the past 6 months probably it’s been horrible? I have 1 bar at my house, I can’t use my phone there anymore.I also travel a lot around Texas for work and my phone doesn’t work anywhere on those routes either. In & out 1 bar and you obviously can’t talk with 1 bar. When I do have more than 1 bar, the voices get majorly distorted, calls drop, etc,, it’s to the point where I just really can’t even talk on the phone, so I don’t. Everyone I know is also experiencing this. I have never switched out of pure inconvenience, but I’m paying $160 for an alarm clock. If I cannot talk on the phone, what am I paying for? I have done everything imaginable on my end to reset my network, etc, it’s not me, it’s not my phone, it’s not Apple...it’s AT&T. Y’all need to own up to whatever is going on and at least inform us that so we know it’s going to get better, or y’all are about to lose a LOT of customers. A LOT. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

This is also occurring in Tucson Arizona - Perfect signal - full LTE bars indoors until a week ago. Now I can't even get beyond 1 bar standing outside and calls frequently drop - verified with 3 different devices

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I guess it's nice to hear opinions from real AT&T customers. I've had my service through H2O (AT&T) for sometime without issue. Now for the last 2 months at Straight Talk (AT&T) I get no satisfaction. Same phone.. Same towers.. Different carrier.. PROBLEMS ! I had been with Straight Talk (AT&T) for years before without any issues, Now nobody can do anything to improve things... I kinda believe this is all about this 5G stuff coming online. They want to mess things up enough with what you got now so they can try and get you to switch over to the 5G stuff. Time to change again... Carriers that is... Not to 5G... 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.