Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Check for service outages
Berezay4's profile

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

Friday, June 29th, 2018 2:17 AM

Closed

Coverage is terrible all of a sudden

I have had AT&T for 15 plus years in Manteca, CA. Area code 95337. Always great service for the most part. Never any issues. I’d say for the last few weeks coverage has been awful. 1 bar maybe 2 if lucky. Internet either won’t work or is really slow when I’m out and about shopping and looking things up in stores. Very frustrating!

My mom had some issues with her phone and when she went into our local AT&T store an associate told her that they took down a tower and we’re not planning on replacing it for a few years. I really hope this is not true. Please help! I don’t even care if I have awesome coverage, at this point I’d be happy with decent coverage.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have 5 phones on my account and we have experienced the same terrible service over the past few months. Excessive and repeated dropped calls, exponential failed calls, consistent low signal, nothing loading at times when we trying to use data when there is no WiFi....VERY FRUSTRATING!  Several calls to AT&T only to be routed to “technical department” where they troubleshoot (average call lasts approx. an hour) but nothing changes and I am stuck with the same outcome-BAD SERVICE!  Unfortunately AT&T will not help

me with compensation even though I have had THREE reps tell me they are able to seeexcedsive failed calls as well as legitimate dropped calls. They continue to have NO problem taking my $488 a month for service that is unsatisfactory 😞

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

We are in the same boat in Colorado (Western Slope).  We chose AT&T a few years ago because the coverage in mountainous areas was excellent.  Recently nobody in my family is able to do much of anything on their phones because of the degradation of our signal.

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

6 years ago

same for me AT&T is ridiculous eventually they will get the hint people are tired of poor service and ridiculously high prices I cancelled them and went with another provider for a lot less and have more lines and dont have to share data but ive been blowing up the AT&T mark the spot app and still no fix our entire city has poor signal 1 to 2 bars ive been dealing with this crap for over 30 years and they don't care but they gonna regret it when noone is left and there subsidiary takes over they are already better in pricing and when I worked in retail we sold more straight talk service then we did anything so that should tell them something its also false advertising when they tell you they have 99% reliable service thats a crock and should be illegal well they gonna get tired of people leaving them with a high bill ive done it twice already totalling over $5,000 and do you think I care NO until they can provide me with adequate service I wont pay them let it go to collections I'll dispute it 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This has been happening to me more and more frequently in Brooklyn, NY. everyone knows that AT&T service is bad in Manhattan ("because of the tall buildings" which i think is a cop out, it's 2018) but it has been SO BAD out in Brooklyn, too. i used to have great service but now I have to depend on WiFi calling which is not reliable. Guess who is my WiFi provider? Verizon. I will be moving from AT&T to Verizon, the price is worth it to me. I have been on so many poor phone calls with clients (using my work cell and personal cell) and that is ABSOLUTELY unacceptable. I will be requesting that my work phone be switched to Verizon and I will also be moving my personal cell. See ya, AT&T! I have been with you since I had service with Cingular but now it's not worth it. Major changes need to happen and the only way they will is if customers leave. 

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I kept thinking that it was my practically new phone that was the problem, but no it’s AT&T! It’s ridiculous to be loyal to a company for many years and to have services whereas calls are being drop, always carrying only 1 bar for coverage, and even harder to get things accomplished through your internet! I pray that you all fix your issues in the MS area and the Dallas, TX areas because my coverage is horrible in both states! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

After reading all the replies, it seems AT&T is bad throughout the country. We’re in Cali, my family and I have problems making calls and receiving calls for almost 2 years now. We’ve been with at&t for over decades but they’re on the downhill now. It seems whatever the issue is will never get fixed. It’s time to switch. 

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This is happening to almost everyone, everywhere. AT&T doesn’t care. Their service representatives will lie to you. Basically, they never upgraded their equipment to meet the demands of their growing customer base. AT&T continues to charge higher fees for services while pocketing more money for executives and shareholders instead of investing in upgrading equipment to provide better reception for their paying customers. AT&T needs to seriously be sued. They know what they’re doing, and they honestly don’t care. My phone is useless without WiFi, it’s basically just a 900 dollar brick if I’m not connected to a wireless network. I have called AT&T about the service issues numerous times. I was given a case number and told that I would be contacted within a few days, but no one from AT&T ever contacted me. AT&T is a crock corporation. I hope to see Verizon and Sprint take advantage of AT&T’s poor customer service. I know boatloads of people who would happily switch, and pay more monthly for service that actually works. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I was told the same thing and I am guessing from reading this thread it's a canned response.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Here in Steubenville Ohio we've had the same issues for months. AT&T went from fast and reliable, to slow but still reliable, to extremely slow and not reliable at all. Even the local news contacted them, and they claimed to be working on 5G, and everything should be faster now. Here we are a month after that. Still extremely slow and unreliable. I recommend if you aren't under contract with AT&T. Go to Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, or literally anywhere else for phone and internet. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

After dropping several important phone calls at my house, I lost my mind. AT&T clearly thinks they are big enough to give a s&@“ about being honest with their customers and working for a solution.  There is absolutely NO reason that in 2018 anyone in any sort of populated area should not be able to make or receive phone calls flawlessly!

Needless to say, I just took my money over to Verizon. Guess what?   I get service at my house again, shocker 🙄

My advice, don’t bother waiting around for a fix...just leave. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.