Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Check for service outages
Berezay4's profile

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

Friday, June 29th, 2018 2:17 AM

Closed

Coverage is terrible all of a sudden

I have had AT&T for 15 plus years in Manteca, CA. Area code 95337. Always great service for the most part. Never any issues. I’d say for the last few weeks coverage has been awful. 1 bar maybe 2 if lucky. Internet either won’t work or is really slow when I’m out and about shopping and looking things up in stores. Very frustrating!

My mom had some issues with her phone and when she went into our local AT&T store an associate told her that they took down a tower and we’re not planning on replacing it for a few years. I really hope this is not true. Please help! I don’t even care if I have awesome coverage, at this point I’d be happy with decent coverage.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

5 years ago

@twjohnson2 wrote:

To the forum - a simple physics lesson can show that there is a relationash between energy input and signal strength.   The energy come at a cost$.   Therefore, if the energy input is governed so that some signal is effective but at just the right amount AT&T can save $$ and take the risk of dealing with out customer complaints.  

That's all going to depend on the co$t $avings...

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have the same problem I live in canoga park 91304 California, 

My phone reception is terrible for about a month, I'm not sure if I have to leave at&t after years? 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

We recently switched from Verizon to AT&T. It’s been a problem to make a call from ground floor of a 3 story townhouse. However, since yesterday we have dropped calls and bad reception everywhere in the building (very disruptive to critical communications). We’re in Studio City, CA 91604. Thanks for any help 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hampton Roads in Virginia is no better.  I do not recall seeing 4 bars in months as 1 bar became the average and service acceptable to AT$T.  I’d guess they are focusing on Direct TV?  If an moderator is reading this please respond.  I have a few months left, I think, on my phone payments then will promptly switch to Verizon. I’m not the only one with that plan, please AT$T remove your cranium from you posterior and fix/update your towers.

thank you

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Orlando coverage is way down. No signal unless you go outside and even then its slow.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I live in Orange, CA and have had poor internet speeds and dropped calls for more than a year in several areas of LA and Orange County.  I feel like it is getting worse too.  What a frustrating feeling when you want to get on your phone to use the internet and the speeds bring flashbacks from 1992 when using dialup on my old Tandy Sensation, Radio Shack bought, desktop.  To top it off, my fiance has Verizon and we end up using her phone because she never has any problems.  

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I live in Orange, CA and have had poor internet speeds and dropped calls for more than a year in several areas of LA and Orange County.  I feel like it is getting worse too.  What a frustrating feeling when you want to get on your phone to use the internet and the speeds bring flashbacks from 1992 when using dialup on my old Tandy Sensation, Radio Shack bought, desktop.  It's a shame, really.  And to top it off, my fiance has Verizon and we end up using her phone because she never has any problems.  I wonder, what service we will be going with when we get married in September?  (not a trick question) 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Be glad all these hard wires surrounding us cause cancer. You'd think cali would be lower on the list with all the... cant be brought or shipped to cali crap. Nope go see how u fare natural cali lol. Ope. Up your eyes. Fyi quit making plastic go glass. Healthier for us and the environment you ignorant corperations. The FDA is just as if not worst than tobacco companies. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

i am about to cancel my AT&T subscription, coz its getting worst the service, i have unlimited data but many places i can't a signal... and the last time almost 1 week i can't use my phone coz its no signal. i called to at&t but same thing.. and i was surprise, i still got little bit higher bill when i got my statement.well hopefully you can make a better service someday. good luck!!!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Wow, I just switched to AT&T from Verizon the data has been slow and coverage has been scarce  in northern and southern New Jersey. I think I made the wrong choice, in addition, their international roaming is not good. You could only text for free, when every other carrier includes data and voice. I think Tmobile might be the way. #Uncarrier 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.