Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need your talk or text logs?
Sbjoe93's profile

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, June 15th, 2022 1:57 AM

Ram Truck/ ATT not allowing service

ATT will not let many Ram Truck owners activate wifi hot spots in their trucks. They blame manufacture but not the case. Other owners with exact same equipment have service and be n allowed to activate new. Why is ATT blocking others. They keep saying it’s manufacture. Such (Edited per community guidelines). 

• 

26 Messages

1 year ago

There is a TSB out from Stellantis addressing Uconnect issues including "Wi-fi hotspot connection failure".  The TSB is 08-234-22 and involves a dealer software update.  Several Uconnect issues are to be corrected with the software update.  The issues are listed on the TSB.  

• 

19 Messages

1 year ago

Cardplayer - I just found that TSB which was issued on Dec. 16th of last year. Interestingly, the RAM 1500, which I own, is not listed as an affected vehicle but it does say it "applies to vehicles equipped with a Uconnect 4C Nav With 8.4” Display." So I'm not sure where I stand on this. People have said they received software updates early this year but those didn't fix the WiFi issue. So is the update referenced in the TSB not yet released?

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

I have a RAM 1500 2021 12in  Display running software version 40.1 and nothing changed, still not able to use the wifi hotspot.

• 

19 Messages

1 year ago

Interesting, I was led to believe it was only the 8.4" displays that had faulty software.

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

In fact the hotspot not working is not a software issue, it's contractual. For some reason ATT decided to stop providing the service and they don't care about the customers who paid. 

• 

45 Messages

1 year ago

I don't think that's it. The new Jeeps have ATT Wifi in it so I really doubt it's contractual 

• 

19 Messages

1 year ago

The Stellantis TSB has WiFi hotspot connection failure as the first in a long list of customer symptoms that they apparently are now going to address. So that's not a contractual issue with AT&T and it's not hardware. Some have speculated that Stellantis has purposely avoided the expense of fixing the WiFi with the thought being it's more of a luxury rather than something the vehicle needs. Now I would disagree being it played a role in my decision to go with a RAM. Now if the WiFi was the only issue and required a massive hardware recall and replacement, I would better understand their lack of action. But being that it's software and by the list on the TSB, one of a long line of needed fixes, they're finally stepping up. And if it really was Stellantis all along and not AT&T as they've claimed, I wonder if AT&T put pressure on them to get it fixed because AT&T was very tired of fielding calls from angry people believing it was AT&T's fault. 

• 

45 Messages

1 year ago

Rtuntland, I talked to the President of ATT Secretary who said its a software issue and that they've been trying to fix it. Granted that was last year. I've been dealing with them for the past year with FTC, FCC and AG complaints. After no fix, I got a firm involved who is building a case 

• 

19 Messages

1 year ago

I've seen your previous posts and really appreciate your hard work and assume you've spent some money on this as well.

• 

45 Messages

1 year ago

Nah, no money. I went to subscribe after my trial period was done and it wouldn't let me. Called ATT and they said my jeep isn't compatible even though I used it before lol. Started complaining and they gave me the usual dates of when a fix would be done by. Those came and went. So got a consumer fraud firm who after I told them multiple people on multiple forums were complaining said it sound like a Class. So sent them everything I filed and received in response from att and theyre building a case 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.