Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need your talk or text logs?
Sbjoe93's profile

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, June 15th, 2022 1:57 AM

Ram Truck/ ATT not allowing service

ATT will not let many Ram Truck owners activate wifi hot spots in their trucks. They blame manufacture but not the case. Other owners with exact same equipment have service and be n allowed to activate new. Why is ATT blocking others. They keep saying it’s manufacture. Such (Edited per community guidelines). 

• 

19 Messages

1 year ago

The AT&T website now shows my truck as being WiFi ready when most of the past year it said it was not. Maybe this is finally getting remedied.

• 

26 Messages

1 year ago

rtuntland,

Did you update your software to the 40.1 version with the TSB?  If you did, when did you do it?

Thanks

• 

45 Messages

1 year ago

How do you guys find what software version you have in your vehicle?

• 

26 Messages

1 year ago

I talked with Chrysler Cares and Uconnect.  I've been communicating with them for months but this turned up something new.  The TSB from Stellantis is dated December 2022.  They just "forgot" to tell us owners they had a known problem and then had a  possible fix for it. 

My system was updated today.  I can't yet get registered with ATT but I'm told it may take a few days for the Stellantis and ATT systems to connect and update.  Yeah.....I'm not holding my breath!

• 

26 Messages

1 year ago

Sbucharmy91a,

Here is link to the TSB 08-234-22.  This has the instruction on how to check your software version.  Pay attention to the instructions.  When you open the Dealer Mode screen to the System Information, you will see a line that is labeled "Software Version".  That is NOT what you are looking for.  You want to look at the next line, "Application Version".  The TSB shows you what number is the version number you are looking for.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2022/MC-10229819-9999.pdf

• 

45 Messages

1 year ago

Thanks. Cuz when I put my vin into the uconnect update online, it says my system is up to date 

• 

26 Messages

1 year ago

I have a copy of a reply from Jeep Cares to someone on a Ram site that says not to rely on the driveuconnect site to check on your software.  Jeep Cares says that the driveuconnect site is "no longer uploading newer updates....so inserting the VIN may not share the most accurate details..".  In other words the site can't be trusted.  The site said my software was up-to-date and my software wasn't up-to-date.  You would think Stellantis would make them fix it or take the site down.  Curiously, I had my Jeep at a dealer for service the day before I found out about the TSB that had been issued in December.  I had the dealer check on the status of my non-working wifi hotspot and I specifically asked them to check on status of the software.   The dealer said that Stellantis was working on something to fix the problem, my software was up-to-date and there was nothing the dealer could do.  The dealer didn't know about the TSB.  I'm not going back to that dealer for anything. 

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

I did the update myself to 40.1 a few weeks ago expecting some fix to the wifi but nothing changed

RAM 1500 TRX 2021

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/how-to-get-radio-update-files.42109/

• 

19 Messages

1 year ago

juninhodecio, does the AT&T site now say your vehicle eligible for their service or not? For many months it was telling me my RAM was not supported by their service and now it says I'm good to go. 

• 

19 Messages

1 year ago

Also, you said you did the update yourself, I'm pretty tech savvy, was it easy? I see references to wiTech and VCI device but am reading from owners that this is just for the dealers so they can be reimbursed by RAM for doing the manual update.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.