For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Goldeneye007's profile

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

Tuesday, February 20th, 2018 4:26 PM

AT&T Messages Website

Hello, I have used the AT&T Messages site (messages.att.net) for years to send and receive text messages while at work when cell phone use is difficult.  I recently switched to an iPhone from a Blackberry, however I am not sure if that is related.

Anyways, now when attempting to access the site, I log in, receive the text message to confirm, but then after entering the confirmation code, am redirected to messages.att.net/setup, with the below error:

Hmmmm, Something Went Wrong.
We were unable to setup AT&T Messages. Please come back to http://messages.att.net and try again later.

I called into AT&T support and was told that iPhone users are not able to access the website to send and receive messages, however I do not believe this is accurate. For one, the site worked for a month after switching to my iPhone. There is a note on the page that states for iPhone users, iMessage must be turned off for the site to work. I do have iMessage off.  From browsing this forum, it appears that while the phone App does not work for iPhone users, the web site should work just fine.

Is there anyone here that can assist?

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

6 years ago

I was told something similar at one point when I called in.  The person stated that MY access was removed as of December 2017, however the site continued to work until mid February. I think it's pretty safe to say support will be of no help here. We'll all just have to hope that whoever at AT&T works on the site does some kind of fix or backend change that makes it start working for us again. How long that will take, who knows. 

I still need to try @edeleon81 's fix though with that driving app.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

6 years ago

Can't speak for varkin, but the site loads for me.  I am able to log in using my AT&T credentials and receive the text, but after inputting the code, as it starts to load text messages it seems to crap out and loads the "Hmm something went wrong" screen.

@GLIMMERMAN76

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

6 years ago

Okay decided to stop being lazy and actually try @edeleon81 's fix with the AT&T Drive Mode app being downloaded and set to Auto Reply. 

I don't know how you figured this out sir, but it absolutely worked.  I am back in the site.  All my messages are gone, but that's okay! I was able to send a successful test text, so back in business.  Thank you much sir!

Oh, and I turned off Auto Reply and deleted the app, and so far it's still working.  I'll update again if it stops again.

@GLIMMERMAN76@Varkin@lizdance40

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

Awesome. Thought it would.  I haven’t had any problems since adding the app back on

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

makes you wounder if its a feature that drive mode needs...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I was able to log on to messages on my pc this morning. Now this afternoon when u sign in I get can' process your request. Anyone know what's going on. It keeps happening whenever I try now. 

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

6 years ago

Bumping this topic to bring it to the top as I see others are still having the problem.  If the site is no longer working for you, please try the below fix posted by edeleon81

https://forums.att.com/t5/Data-Messaging-Features-Internet/AT-amp-T-Messages-Website/m-p/5461542/highlight/true#M90511

It worked for me and hopefully works for you.  Your message history will be erased, but at least the site should work.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Oh I go there and it sends me the text pin code.  I type in the pin code and get the:

AT&T MessagesAT&T Logo
Hmmmm, Something Went Wrong.
We were unable to setup AT&T Messages. Please come back to http://messages.att.net and try again later.

Oh and the Drive Mode thing is not fixing my problem either 😞

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

6 years ago

Yep same thing we were all getting.  After inputting the pin you see the ATT Messages grey screen for a split second looking like it's about to load your texts and then it craps out and shows the Hmm something went wrong message. 

After installing drive mode you went into the settings and enabled auto reply right? That's what did it for me. I even uninstalled the app and still have it working. If that's not working for you, not sure what else you can do.  AT&T support can't help because they don't even know what AT&T Messages is. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.