For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Goldeneye007's profile

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

Tuesday, February 20th, 2018 4:26 PM

AT&T Messages Website

Hello, I have used the AT&T Messages site (messages.att.net) for years to send and receive text messages while at work when cell phone use is difficult.  I recently switched to an iPhone from a Blackberry, however I am not sure if that is related.

Anyways, now when attempting to access the site, I log in, receive the text message to confirm, but then after entering the confirmation code, am redirected to messages.att.net/setup, with the below error:

Hmmmm, Something Went Wrong.
We were unable to setup AT&T Messages. Please come back to http://messages.att.net and try again later.

I called into AT&T support and was told that iPhone users are not able to access the website to send and receive messages, however I do not believe this is accurate. For one, the site worked for a month after switching to my iPhone. There is a note on the page that states for iPhone users, iMessage must be turned off for the site to work. I do have iMessage off.  From browsing this forum, it appears that while the phone App does not work for iPhone users, the web site should work just fine.

Is there anyone here that can assist?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Goldeneye007 wrote:

Ah okay, must be a browser incompatibility issue. Perhaps I should clear my cache, then update flash, and restart my computer, all three of which I've been asked to do to resolve the ATT Messages site being down...

@Goldeneye007

in this case I think the amount of post triggers the button I could be wrong as I have had it for years

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

6 years ago

That may be so @lizdance40 but as mentioned, I had it when I was on the 6GB plan. It gave me like 9 dollars off or something.  When we moved to the unlimited plan, it was removed. When I inquired as to why, the clerk said it did not apply to the unlimited plan.  He was probably just full of crap but it is what it is. I not too bothered about it really since phone are expensed where I work since we have to be on call. All I really want want is the messages site to work so I can continue to have communicate with family while locked away in a SCIF all day, especially if an emergency were to happen.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I've kept in touch from inside a SCIF for nearly 10 years using Google Voice. You can send and receive text messages from a computer while in the SCIF. If you load the Google Voice app on you Android or Apple phone, you can seamlessly continue your text conversations on your phone. You can also configure calls to the Google Voice number to ring both your cell and a landline phone in the SCIF. To use the service, you will have to decide between getting a new, free number from Google (which I did) or porting over your old number that everyone knows (and getting a new number assigned to your phone). It all works the same no matter whether you have AT&T, Verizon, etc, or just use the web-based features without a phone. 

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

6 years ago

Funny you mention that, as that's actually what I've been using temporarily. Didn't want to port the number over as I wouldn't have service on the cell phone that way, and it's ridiculous to have to change my cell phones number and permanently have my number of 15+ years now forever in Google's hands all because AT&T won't get their shat together. I just told my regular contacts to temporarily expect to see messages from this other number during work hours for awhile until AT&T fixes the service or I make the jump to Verizon. 

@red001

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Goldeneye007 wrote:

Funny you mention that, as that's actually what I've been using temporarily. Didn't want to port the number over as I wouldn't have service on the cell phone that way, and it's ridiculous to have to change my cell phones number and permanently have my number of 15+ years now forever in Google's hands all because AT&T won't get their shat together. I just told my regular contacts to temporarily expect to see messages from this other number during work hours for awhile until AT&T fixes the service or I make the jump to Verizon. 

@red001

You can get a app that will forward all your texts to your GV number..  I did that when I was beta and alpha testing project Fi.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

Working for anyone yet?

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

6 years ago

Negative

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Nope.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

Have you guys called ATT to let them know yal can’t connect? Everytime I call I always get the impression they don't know what I'm talking about.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

6 years ago

Yea I've called 4 times now about the issue @edeleon81.   3 of the times, they had no idea what I was talking about.  1 of them the lady knew what the site was, but proceeded to tell me it doesn't work for people who have iphones...

So yeah, ATT support is worthless, as usual

@ATTCares is ignorning me too after initially creating a case and promising it would be resolved by March 5th.  Guess ATT doesn't care that much.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.