For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Goldeneye007's profile

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

Tuesday, February 20th, 2018 4:26 PM

AT&T Messages Website

Hello, I have used the AT&T Messages site (messages.att.net) for years to send and receive text messages while at work when cell phone use is difficult.  I recently switched to an iPhone from a Blackberry, however I am not sure if that is related.

Anyways, now when attempting to access the site, I log in, receive the text message to confirm, but then after entering the confirmation code, am redirected to messages.att.net/setup, with the below error:

Hmmmm, Something Went Wrong.
We were unable to setup AT&T Messages. Please come back to http://messages.att.net and try again later.

I called into AT&T support and was told that iPhone users are not able to access the website to send and receive messages, however I do not believe this is accurate. For one, the site worked for a month after switching to my iPhone. There is a note on the page that states for iPhone users, iMessage must be turned off for the site to work. I do have iMessage off.  From browsing this forum, it appears that while the phone App does not work for iPhone users, the web site should work just fine.

Is there anyone here that can assist?

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

I talked with a rep and supposedly they are having hardware issues and plan
to have resolved in the next 72 hours. That was as of Sunday they 25th.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Still not fixed.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

Just called in to ATT support and they claim that the service was down on the 15th of Feb but was resolved. I have been having this problem since the 21st. So they filled a claim to get the issue resolved and claim that no one has reported this issue since the 15th other than me. That is hard to believe. Very disappointed with ATT

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

6 years ago

Still down here as well.  I had @ATTCares submit a case. Was promised it would be resolved by today, and that I would be contacted by someone to confirm.  Neither has happened. 

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

6 years ago

So AT&T Support promised the issue would be fixed yesterday and that I would be contacted.  Guess what...neither happened.

I have confirmation from a buddy that Verizon has the same ability now, a website to send and receive messages, and that it functions and has always done so perfectly. I originally switched to AT&T when I had a GSM only phone, but now that I have one that supports both networks, may be time to go back.

For those out there on the fence, I've spent years on both networks, and can tell you Verizon's is superior in every single way, unless you have a phone that doesn't support Verizon of course. If AT&T can't keep their services working as promised, they don't deserve our business.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

I agree with you. I was thinking of Verizon and I chatted with a rep yesterday to see if they offered the same service and they said they had a service that was similar but only supported messages between Verizon customers. If they DOI have the same service as ATT I would switch.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

Thats awesome..... ok i'm going to check it out... bye bye ATT

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

@edeleon81

@Goldeneye007

Please do your reasearch on Verizon messages and message+   I suggest you try their forum.  It has also had outages, it’s not as general as ATT.   ATT messages and number sync is a better product.   

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

Hard to say it is a better product when their service has been down for
nearly two weeks now, without any acknowledgement from ATT.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

6 years ago

It may be a "better" or more robust product in its features, but due to my work constraints, I need only one tiny aspect of it, and that is the ability to send messages from a computer. I could care less about number sync and messages sync and all that other crap. As long as I can send and receive text messages while I am at work without access to my phone, I can do what I need. Don't even really care if the message history remains or not once I leave the office, in fact I prefer it didn't.

Verizon Messages+ can do that, and offers a desktop app like AIM that can stay open, instead of having to keep Chrome open all the time.  I've confirmed with buddies here that they have never experienced an outage in years of use. As @edeleon81 pointed out, AT&T can't even acknowledge this issue & ATTCares has made empty promises and timelines that were not kept.  Also, as pointed out, in the area where I live (DC Metropolitan area) Verizon is vastly superior in coverage, call quality, and basically everything else. You would be hard pressed to find someone that disagrees with that in this area. With Verizon having roll over data now too, and feature parity with AT&T, I'm actually not sure why I'm still here.

@lizdance40

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.