Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need your talk or text logs?
Goldeneye007's profile

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

Tuesday, February 20th, 2018 4:26 PM

AT&T Messages Website

Hello, I have used the AT&T Messages site (messages.att.net) for years to send and receive text messages while at work when cell phone use is difficult.  I recently switched to an iPhone from a Blackberry, however I am not sure if that is related.

Anyways, now when attempting to access the site, I log in, receive the text message to confirm, but then after entering the confirmation code, am redirected to messages.att.net/setup, with the below error:

Hmmmm, Something Went Wrong.
We were unable to setup AT&T Messages. Please come back to http://messages.att.net and try again later.

I called into AT&T support and was told that iPhone users are not able to access the website to send and receive messages, however I do not believe this is accurate. For one, the site worked for a month after switching to my iPhone. There is a note on the page that states for iPhone users, iMessage must be turned off for the site to work. I do have iMessage off.  From browsing this forum, it appears that while the phone App does not work for iPhone users, the web site should work just fine.

Is there anyone here that can assist?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

6 years ago

I use an android phone, have no problem with the website or android tablet app.  

It seems iPhone users may be the only ones with a problem

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

6 years ago

I'm sitting right next to someone who has a blackberry, and it's down for him too.   If the site changed to an Android only feature...they should maybe let us know that. 

@lizdance40

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Sitting here with my S8+ and it doesn't work either... The site has not worked for me in well over a month. No issues using it with this phone before, or my Note 3 before that. Thought about calling customer service, but from the sound of it that would just be pointless. Typical modern customer support... just make up that it is only an issue because of X, even when clearly there are other people who are having problems (as seen by this forum). I'm betting nobody who actually works on the messages site has even been told it is having problems, or is even monitoring it.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

Ok, I figured out how to get it working. This doesn't make any sense but confirmed working on both my iPhones. You have to download the Att drive mode app. When you do so you must enable the auto reply feature. Once you do this then go to https://messages.att.net and you should be back in business.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

6 years ago

@edeleon81

That makes no sense.  I don’t have it on my phone and messages work fine.  

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40

I said it didn't make sense, but it worked for two of my iphones that were not working previously. You must have an android supported phone.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

6 years ago

Wut, will have to give this a try later.  Have you tried turning off the auto-reply feature and/or removing the app? If so does it break again?  Not sure I want to keep this app in auto-reply all the time. 

@edeleon81

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

I have not tried removing the app, or turning the auto reply off, I'm too
scared it will stop working. I dont use the app after I install it. It
also does not enable unless you go in the app and turn it on.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

I have not tried removing the app, or turning the auto reply off, I'm too scared it will stop working.  I dont use the app after I install it. It also does not enable unless you go in the app and turn it on.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I swear these people are driving me nuts.  I just called tech support again and AT&T tech support just told me they discontinued the messages.att.net service in Dec of 2017.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.