For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Rishkoi's profile

6 Messages

Friday, November 17th, 2023 5:18 PM

Closed

NHL 24 is currently unplayable only for customers using AT&T fiber.

Hello, I'm writing to ensure AT&T is informed that their Fiber Customers are in a complete outage from the video game NHL 24.

EA Has been asked to comment on this outage, and has repeatedly said that the issue is solely AT&T's problem and their poor networking.

Below are some pictures and links to reiterated that this is a mass outage with AT&T being fully blamed as the culprit.

Essentially, whenever AT&T Fiber users, and seemingly only AT&T Fiber users try to connect to the servers on EA Sports NHL 24, they're met with connection errors. 

To note, this has only started happening following an NHL 24 Patch. Furthermore, there was an incident in July this year involving AT&T Fiber and last years NHL 23, which can be found Here

Link to Twitter Thread

Link to EA Forum Thread

EA Community Manager saying numerous times this is AT&T's fault:

Please advise us on how to proceed, thank you.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.4K Messages

6 months ago

Yes, use your PC and PingPlotter.  If multiple people do it and show similar latency, that's better, but you can start with one.

Figuring out the game server IP could be a big challenge.  You can try looking in the NAT table of your Gateway and find out what IPs your console connects to, but that's likely to be frustrating because it will connect to several different ones that you don't really care about.  Ask EA support or someone on that community if they can tell you.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.4K Messages

6 months ago

The non-responses from the first 4 zayo.com nodes doesn't really mean anything.  They never respond well, but the hops after them do, so you can ignore them.  So, starting at the Zayo.com node in the Washington DC/Ashburn VA area is where things change, we get non-zero drop rates when things start to go south, and latency increases a little bit.  Those are all many hops from where you started into the Zayo.com network, so it's the network that's struggling.  Zayo.com also owns the IP identified as "above.net".  EA itself owns the two 159.153.92.x IP addresses.

[I will say that these are not horrible looking.  There is evidence of some degradation, but absent the symptoms you're reporting, I wouldn't think it was a big deal.  If these are cumulative, that might explain why it doesn't look so horrible.]

So the question now is who is Zayo.com to the parties involved, i.e. why is it carrying traffic.  The obvious conclusion, since there's no non-zayo nodes between zayo and EA, is that Zayo is EA's ISP.  So, the problems that you're having with reaching EA are inside their ISP's network: Zayo.

Zayo and EA would have to do a whole lot of explaining on how that's AT&T's fault.  I mean there is one or two plausible scenarios, but they'd need to make their case.  In the main, this looks like a Zayo capacity problem.

(edited)

Accepted Solution

3 Messages

5 months ago

Well both responses made my decision for me. I’m going to march down to Comcast to get the same 1gb service for the same $80 with Xfinity. 

Thank you for your help I’m sure AT&T is thrilled. 

3 Messages

6 months ago

Please help us fix this!

3 Messages

6 months ago

EA is showing zero accountability.  

I’m glad to see AT&T reaching out to their frustrated customers on Twitter/X in @TheNasher61‘s thread about the issue.  Thank you!

3 Messages

6 months ago

Rishkoi. Can you email me?  [email scrubbed] 

EA has banned me. Luckily I took a screenshot of all my conversations on the topic of AT&T. 

(edited)

6 Messages

6 months ago

Thats unfortunate but not out of character for EA. They often try to silence anyone who complains about their poor product(s).

Your email is redacted on here for me, but feel free to reach out to me on xbox or lg, I am Rishkoi there as well.

1 Message

6 months ago

2 members in Houston and 1 member in Florida on our club. They all are experiencing this because they have ATT. Please help us.

1 Message

6 months ago

AT&T internet here, though not fiber. Metro Detroit area. Nhl 24 unplayable during peak hours of 7-1130pm , the online modes continually load until it eventually times out. All other devices, games, and serviced run perfectly fine. EA says this is an AT&T issue only.

2 Messages

6 months ago

I am on AT&T fiber and this happens nightly like clockwork. I have no issues during the day, but as soon as evening hours hit the game is unplayable. We deserve better for what we pay for internet. This has me shopping other providers outside of AT&T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.