For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Rishkoi's profile

6 Messages

Friday, November 17th, 2023 5:18 PM

Closed

NHL 24 is currently unplayable only for customers using AT&T fiber.

Hello, I'm writing to ensure AT&T is informed that their Fiber Customers are in a complete outage from the video game NHL 24.

EA Has been asked to comment on this outage, and has repeatedly said that the issue is solely AT&T's problem and their poor networking.

Below are some pictures and links to reiterated that this is a mass outage with AT&T being fully blamed as the culprit.

Essentially, whenever AT&T Fiber users, and seemingly only AT&T Fiber users try to connect to the servers on EA Sports NHL 24, they're met with connection errors. 

To note, this has only started happening following an NHL 24 Patch. Furthermore, there was an incident in July this year involving AT&T Fiber and last years NHL 23, which can be found Here

Link to Twitter Thread

Link to EA Forum Thread

EA Community Manager saying numerous times this is AT&T's fault:

Please advise us on how to proceed, thank you.

2 Messages

5 months ago

@Stark122 when and where did EA say they were working on a fix? The only thing I’ve seen is them comment it’s an AT&T issue. I’d love to see where they acknowledged the problem and a fix in the works.

1 Message

5 months ago

Metro Detroit - game after 6pm gets worse and worse with fiber. Sometimes I take 20mins to get into the next game. My club team starts a timer on how long it takes after 1 game to get into the next and our record has been 1 hour 35mins due to all the issues.
EA has not done anything about this along with all the other issues in the game. My buddy in MI lives up north with some very old rated At&t internet and he has the same issues as me. But everyone else we play with is totally fine on Comcast, wow, etc. My buddy is getting Comcast soon so ill be the one everyone waits on.

3 Messages

5 months ago

1gb Fiber in the Metro-Detroit market. Same complaints as everyone else, 20min load in waits, errors all over the place, and all after 6:30pm. I can play about 1 game per hour. 

I’m so frustrated I’m not sure if I just get rid of AT&T even though I’m having ZERO issues outside of this or try to get my money back from EA until it’s fixed. 

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

5 months ago

IMHO, you are fortunate to have Att Internet with Fiber.  I’d boycott EA and make it clear you are unhappy with their incompetence.  Vote with your wallet.  

6 Messages

5 months ago

@gr8sho I think that was a certainly, patently, tone deaf response. 

People should be thankful for what? It's not a free service. AT&T has in no way elected to even work with EA or

(Zayo.com) to fix the problem that impacts only their consumer base.

No, people should not be thankful to have the opportunity to purchase internet from AT&T and the suggestion of that is laughable. I switched to WOW internet and no longer deal with this problem so I no longer have any skin in the game, but I had to reply to such a hilarious statement.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

5 months ago

@Rishkoi  the evidence so far shows that the problem is within EA's choice of ISP.  While it may affect AT&T's customers more than others, for reasons not known, it doesn't appear to be AT&T's problem to solve.  I can understand that you want the problem fixed, but AT&T can't fix someone else's issue.

If EA and/or EA's ISP wants to share evidence why it's not their problem and it is indeed AT&T's, then let them do so, and I'll change my opinion.  Until then, I'd say @gr8sho was spot on. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

5 months ago

to Comcast to get the same 1gb service

Last time I checked, Comcast still didn't provide symmetrical 1Gbps service, except in Press Releases, so it's not the same on that front.  Good luck with your new service.

6 Messages

5 months ago

Not directly an AT&T problem so AT&T is not going to lift a finger.

Also, really you should be thanking us for even letting you give us your money.

For my hockey brethren, "that's a dang-it".

3 Messages

5 months ago

Oh you’re right @JefferMC  now that you mentioned symmetrical service I actually just threw away my Xbox instead and will stare a speed test. Way more fun. 

Probably should just rip the TV off the wall too. Why watch Netflix when I can watch the beautiful beautiful background of Ookla?

Good call, good call. 

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

5 months ago

I'm not the one who used the word "same".  No need for sarcasm.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.