For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Rishkoi's profile

6 Messages

Friday, November 17th, 2023 5:18 PM

Closed

NHL 24 is currently unplayable only for customers using AT&T fiber.

Hello, I'm writing to ensure AT&T is informed that their Fiber Customers are in a complete outage from the video game NHL 24.

EA Has been asked to comment on this outage, and has repeatedly said that the issue is solely AT&T's problem and their poor networking.

Below are some pictures and links to reiterated that this is a mass outage with AT&T being fully blamed as the culprit.

Essentially, whenever AT&T Fiber users, and seemingly only AT&T Fiber users try to connect to the servers on EA Sports NHL 24, they're met with connection errors. 

To note, this has only started happening following an NHL 24 Patch. Furthermore, there was an incident in July this year involving AT&T Fiber and last years NHL 23, which can be found Here

Link to Twitter Thread

Link to EA Forum Thread

EA Community Manager saying numerous times this is AT&T's fault:

Please advise us on how to proceed, thank you.

3 Messages

5 months ago

So, you (AT&T), have some sort of peering issue towards EA's front end. Clearly blackholing traffic. It is capacity driven during peak times. It happens whether it is Xbox or Playstation. No other games nor networks impacted. 

That said, you, AT&T, are the only carrier having this issue.  This is not anecdotal.  

I'm gonna guess you are in a peering dispute on a direct connection that is saturated.  Because it this was a break/fix issue, that is beyond sad that it hasn't been fixed yet.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

5 months ago

@Rishkoi 

What’s laughable is changing ISP to play an online hockey game.  I mean really, this is silly.  Don’t get me wrong, it’s great to have alternatives when it comes to service, and perhaps the move has merit beyond a game, but it’s the first time that company’s name has come up here, so good luck with that.   Many Att customers can’t get fiber, so this was the original point being made.  Whatever failures EA is guilty of will get sorted out in due time, at least until they release their next fiasco.  

3 Messages

5 months ago

"What’s laughable is changing ISP to play an online hockey game.  I mean really, this is silly."

not if the ISP has a peering issue to the CDN of the front end of the game host.

actually, it makes total sense if this is what you do in your spare time.

no other carrier impacted.  happens across either console. happens during peak hours. 

do the math.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

5 months ago

You changed ISP for a single scenario.  Don’t make it out to be some grandiose issue that’s impacting a large majority of customers.  

3 Messages

5 months ago

nobody said it was "impacting a large majority of customers."

it's clearly acute. 

it's clearly only ATT and it's clearly a route over a peer that is jacked up. 

end of story. 

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

5 months ago

That EA needs to address.  This thread has exhausted its questionable purpose.   No useful further discussion is taking place.   Closing.  

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

5 months ago

@RuffNStuff 

So, you (AT&T), have some sort of peering issue towards EA's front end. Clearly blackholing traffic.

The traceroutes I have seen show the traffic reaching EA's ISP and going at least 2 or 3 hops into the ISP network.  Not being blackholed by AT&T, being delayed and/or lost inside EA's ISP's network.  Granted, given who is seeing the issue, this appears to be part of a network exclusive to AT&T customer traffic, but it's not in AT&T's network, or on the first hop outside of AT&T's network.  If you have different traceroutes, please produce them.

And please know that neither gr8sho or I represent AT&T... see the block added by the forum software "I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own."  If the traceroutes showed it was AT&T, I would have said so.  They didn't.  I've also said that if EA or their ISP can say how this is AT&T's problem, my mind is open.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.