For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Willaguna's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 11:31 PM

Visual Voicemail Issues in iOS 11

The "visual" part of Visual Voicemail is no longer functioning. I get a screen with a text box "Call Voicemail" which calls and requires me to enter my password. How do I get this function working properly?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

maybe this will work for you as it did me...

1. Turn airplane mode on then off

2. Go to settings, then to Siri & search, turn off "press home for Siri", confirm disable, then turn "press home for Siri", confirm enable.

3. Volume up once, volume down once, press and hold power button until the apple logo disappears.

4. Power back up and see if that worked

good luck

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

So this worked for me:

- go into the Phone App

- press the voice mail icon bottom right of screen

- press Greeting upper left of screen

- set recording to Custom and then record a new greeting then save

now all my visual voice mails showed up!  I think the upgrade sets the value back to Default which is the ATT voice message.

hope this works for others!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Well, that solution was short lived.  I set a Custom voice message and somehow the iPhone and ATT connected and I magically saw 8 voice messages, but all subsequent voice messages don't appear.     Granted, I'm on a pre-paid plan, but it shouldn't matter.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

So after looking at some other posts, I did two things:

1) Set Siri to US English (I had it to Australian) and went through the re-training of Siri.  Not sure why this would impact voice mail, but was seeing this as a possible solution

2) Went to Settings -> Phone -> Change Voicemail Password.  I entered in the same voicemail pin used when you press '1' on your phone keypad and are asked to enter your pin.

Did a test call and the Visual Voice Mail prompt and Voice Mail sound occurred.  I think #2 is the key.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Hi there,

The variation that worked for me is the Settings > Phone > Change Voicemail Password

but "changed" the VM password to the current PIN.  I noticed after I did this and tried the long-hold 1 to access my VM it told me someone was already logged in with that PIN. This indicates that you need to log-in to VM with your PIN. I did a hard restart (sleep + home) just to make sure it stuck, and *fingers crossed* it's OK for now.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Hi there,

The variation that worked for me is the Settings > Phone > Change Voicemail Password

but I "changed" the VM password to the current PIN

I noticed after doing this and attempting the long-hold 1 to access my VM it told me someone was already logged in with that PIN. This indicates that you need to log-in to VM through your phone with your PIN and in order to stay logged in and to receive VVM you need to NOT log in via dialing after changing the Settings. I did a hard restart (sleep + home) just to make sure it stuck, and *fingers crossed* it's OK for now.

I did not have to turn Siri on. Running iOS11 on a 6 plus.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Had the same problem after upgrade from iPhone 6 to iPhone Xs. Visual voicemail was not working. No number badge showing unheard voicemails even though they we being recorded/were waiting to be listened to. Also, no ability to listen to my voicemails via Visual Voicemail; had to resort to calling into AT&T voicemail, then using number keys to listen/save/skip/delete/etc.

The solution:

(1) Called 800-331-0500.

(2) Asked to be transferred to iPhone technical support (rather than first level customer service).

(3) Spoke to Mandy (a.k.a., "Amanda") in Oklahoma.  She ran a diagnostic test (from her end) on my iPhone setup at AT&T (i.e., I did not perform any button presses here on my iPhone). That test revealed an issue, which was solved by Step 4.

(4) Mandy re-sent the activation for the SIM card to my iPhone Xs.

(5) I rebooted the iPhone Xs.

(6) Mandy left a test voicemail. Visual voicemail is fixed!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I wasn’t getting any voicemails let alone visual... all ove the net looking for solutions. Finally one app suggested calling my own vm just by calling your own #, I was able to access my mission vm from the last month or so... after working through them and hanging up, my vm is functionally sound!  This was all after an upgrade from 6 plus iPhone to an X

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Well tonight I turned airplane mode, turned off Siri with home button, and also changed my Siri Language from U.K. to US. (I live in US but like U.K.) I reset my phone holding down Siri and power button.   I turned off Airplane mode, turned on Siri with home button.  My transcription works.  I’ve tried this before and it didn’t work.  I never thought about the language that Siri speaks though. Could be coincidence not sure.  

• 

25.7K Messages

5 years ago

I had the same thing and it was because someone had hacked my Voicemail. That is how he gets the passcode. AT&T is aware of the person who did it, but as of 7 months, has done nothing. I have reason to believe he is doing this to others as other friends have had the same problem.

They do not claim responsibility for anything. Sad.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.