Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!
Willaguna

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tue, Sep 26, 2017 11:31 PM

Visual Voicemail Issues in iOS 11

The "visual" part of Visual Voicemail is no longer functioning. I get a screen with a text box "Call Voicemail" which calls and requires me to enter my password. How do I get this function working properly?

Responses

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

This worked! I had to set up my voicemail using the temp password and the visual voicemail re-appeared. Thank you!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Instructions that worked for me from  wbos2011   

I dialed 611 for ATT and was able to reset my password using the automated system.  They texted me a temp password.  I called my voicemail by holding down 1 on the phone, and then went through the prompts to setup my voicemail (apparently my greeting was erased). My visual voicemail reappeared.   I was also able to turn off the password for voicemail in the administrative options.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Didn’t work just updated today no voice messages now and I don’t have a passcode 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Followed reset of voicemail password, got a new one and all voicemails showed up with transcripts too.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

3 years ago

Didn't work.  I've about given up getting the transcriprions back.  You'd think AT&T and Apple would actually work together. Smiley Frustrated

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Did you try resetting your voicemail? I gave up too but I reset it… and I’m not techy… but it worked.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Go on the AT&T website and reset your voicemail password. They’ll send you a code to reset and after a bit of time all your old visual voicemails will start showing up again.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

Still not working after 11.1.2 update.

schalliol

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

3 years ago

This solution offered above worked for me!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

It looks like AT&T has a lot of us paying them to do their job. This is insane. It has been one thing after another. First my wifi cut off to "no service" continually, now just occasionally. Now my phone says 3 on the phone and there is none. No visual voicemail. I erased all the important voicemails I saved trying to get it to work. I tried the fixes which the author had gave himself kudos on. AT&T is screwed. Verizon will be my new carrier after being with AT&T since they took over in Florida many years ago. What a shame. No one takes responsibility there and actually helps customers. What a shame. Perhaps they make so much money they don't care.  Smiley Sad 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

This solution worked worked for me...

I did however discover that if you delete all your visual voicemails, it will revert back to the way it was before the fix...

Hope Apple fixes this in a future update...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

+1 for Go to Settings> Siri & Search >turn on "Press Home for Siri". I had little confidence this would work, but it actually did.

I previously tried the following but they didn't work:
Waiting for the problem to fix with time or iOS updates
Leaving myself voicemails
Rebooting phone
Toggline airplane mode
Changing voicemail password

I wanted to avoid more drastic measures like resetting network settings (loosing saved WiFi passcodes), calling 611, going to an AT&T store, and changing carriers.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

2 years ago

Yup, tried all those things and not one of them worked, including the Siri one.  I honestly don't hold out much hope of getting the transcribing back anytime soon...or at all Woman Frustrated

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I’m having trouble setting up voice mail on my I -phone 8. I already reset network settings and I’m still getting 1035. What should I do next?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have tried ALL of the above options (leave myself a message, reset network setting, turn on/off siri, turn on/off airplane mode, power phone on/off...several times and in different orders) and none of them have worked.  I really need some kind of resolution ASAP....as I'm sure a lot of people do!  Please help!! voicemail is integral part of my business!