Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
bimmergirl's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, September 9th, 2016 8:04 AM

Closed

iPhone 7 Order Confirmation and Status

was able to pre-order with no problem.. then after a few minutes got an email that order was not processed. but its says that its still pending ... did anyone get this confirmation email?

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

8 years ago

Well said!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Order number: ######################
Order date: 09/09/2016 at 12:48:55 p.m. ET

I ordered my phone at 3 am eastern time. Then many hours later I received an email stating I had ordered it at 12:48pm the shipping date I feel is affected by this.. I absolutely ordered the phone right when it became available.

I haven't had any update from att the whole week regarding my order. its status has alway been "preparing to ship" I ordered a matte black 128 gb iPhone plus.

Is anybody getting shipping updates? Are projected dates changing? Feeling in the dark about this.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I ordered an iPhone 7 Plus yesterday (the 16th) and they told me it wouldn't ship out until sometime in October. 

When I check the order status today it says "Preparing for Shipment" but the shipment date is still Ocotber 13th or later. The item staus is "processing" and order status "preparing to ship."

So is my iPhone 7 Plus actually preparing to ship right now instead of October? Or is the date of October 13th accurate? Could it be shipped out ealeir then that?

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hi ajones6, it will stay at "preparing to ship" until they actually ship it. The estimated date they have may be correct or it may be longer. I'm not sure if you heard on the News but Apple has said all iPhone 7 PLUS are sold out at pre-order that was held on 9/9. Also the iPhone 7 in Jet Black is sold out as well. Hopefully we will get them earlier, that would be great. I ordered mine at the AT&T store on pre-order day (9/9). My estimated date is October 28-November 4. To let you know what I ordered so you can compare is below: iPhone 7 PLUS 256 GB Jet Black I hope this helps.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

That seems strange that it'll simply continue to say that for an entire month, but maybe that's the way the system works. It shouldn't take a month to "preapre to ship". 

The main reason why I was asking is that a friend of mine said that the ship times are always shorter than what they say online, but maybe this iPhone will be different. I did hear the news that they were sold out through preorders, but didn't know how soon they'll get more in stock. 

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

I'm hoping it will be sooner than the estimated dates. They usually put longer dates just so in case something happens, we can't blame AT&T. I'm pretty sure they are working around the clock making many many more. Plus the Jet Black takes a little longer process to make them. I heard to get that shine, it goes through a 6 step process. When you receive your phone, feel free to message me to let me know you got it

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

@ajones6, here's a link to how they make the Jet Black. I think it's cool. Let me know if it works. https://youtu.be/rjtRcByjYgQ

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

8 years ago

Hi @ajones6:

I ordered a 7 plus 128gb in Jet Black around 5am (PDT) and received my order confirmation shortly after that with an Oct. 28th - Nov. 4th delivery window. 'Preparing to ship' according to ATT's legend/explanation when you check the status means, "We're getting your order ready to ship. Expect your items to ship during the dates we gave you." The last sentence says to expect your item to ship during the time frame they provided, so "preparing to ship" seems to just be a generic description for the orders received and it won't likely change until the phone actually ships.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

8 years ago

Hi @Pmacdonald:

I ordered a 7 plus 128gb in Jet Black around 5am (PDT) and received my order confirmation shortly after that showing it was ordered on 9/9 at 7:33:39am (EST) with an Oct. 28th - Nov. 4th delivery window. It's possible I actually ordered it at 4:33am, i just didnt pay attention to the time. I haven't received any updates or seen any status changes on my account since receiving the order confirmation. I'm not really expecting any change for possibly a week or two, until more post-launch day shipments and orders start arriving. I hope that confirmation time doesn't affect/delay your phone.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I preordered my matte black 7 plus first time preordering as soon as I proceeded the order I got a email confirming the order and telling me preparing to ship. Even though there dates are the 23 to 30. Are those dates usually accurate or can it come earlier
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.