Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
bimmergirl's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, September 9th, 2016 8:04 AM

Closed

iPhone 7 Order Confirmation and Status

was able to pre-order with no problem.. then after a few minutes got an email that order was not processed. but its says that its still pending ... did anyone get this confirmation email?

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I ordered black, not jet black.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

8 years ago

When you use a credit card (or debit card) to make a purchase from a retailer, they have a couple options on how they process the charge.  Most businesses getting an authorization in advance (gas station pay at the pump, car rental, phone pre-order, etc.) will get an authorization against your account, which will verify your account is good, and has enough funds.  That authorization will sit on your account for a number of days (usually 3-5 days), and will roll-off if the retailer does not finalize it into a purchase.  Most services gas stations will release the pre-authorization and submit the final charge for the actual amount once you finalize your transaction.  Car rentals will hold the authorization and let it roll off as long as you return the car with no issues.  AT&T, or Apple, or anyone else doing a pre-order will do this, and those authorizations will roll-off and release the funds.  When they prepare to finally ship the device, they will re-submit the final charge for the correct amount, so if you've spent your money and the final charge is rejected, your order might be held or cancelled.

This year I did my pre-order through Apple, using their Upgrade Program.  They authorized the charges for my sales tax on the 9th when I pre-ordered, and those dropped off my account on Monday 9/12.  On Tuesday,   One of them re-appeared along with the first installment charge for the first of the 2 phones I ordered.  Today, the second charge appeared on my credit card, and I got the shipping notifications that my 2 iPhones are both sitting at the UPS hub in Memphis, with delivery scheduled by the end of the day on Friday, 09/16.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

That was my experience last year as well after pre-order.   I got late ship dates in order status (Oct +), then my phone showed up on release date.   I didn't order the jet black, but order status shows last week of Sept.   Hoping phone shows up sooner than this, finished ordering 12:15pm PST.   

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@UntoldEvolution wrote:

Preordered my iPhone 7 Plus black 128GB on 9/9/16, 40 minutes after preordering started. That was the fastest I could get at&t's site to let me in and accept my order. Even though I ordered less than an hour after sales started I got a ship date of 9/23-9/30. I just now called at&t to see if I should be expecting delivery tomorrow, the advertised launch day. I was told that my phone is on back order and it "should" ship in the date window provided. My local stores show this phone in stock for pickup tomorrow so my question is, why are you accepting preorders that you can not fill while you still have stock available for walk in customers? Although your stores have available stock, I am now unable to go there and get a new iphone 7 plus tomorrow because my upgrade is now used up on my preorder that may or may not ship in the coming weeks. Maybe it's time I walk into another carrier's store tomorrow to get my phone. Year after year at&t leads me to believe that my preorder will arrive on release day, then i find out it will actually be weeks before it gets shipped. I have had enough of the disappointment that is at&t and their bait and switch shady preorder nightmare. Now I see that people who ordered the exact same model that I did, hours after I did, are receiving shipment confirmation with tracking information.  At&t can you please explain this to me? Right now I feel about as unimportant as a person can possibly feel. I thought my preorder would at least hold my spot in line for order shipment, apparently not.

@UntoldEvolution

I can tell you online and phone orders pull from one batch of phones.  Stores get there own inventory.  And premier gets there own batch of phones also.  Thats why there will be phones in the store tommorrow.  

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

If your phone is going to be delivered tomorrow, if you check you order status, there should be some shipping information in there. If it has not yet shipped, it will not be there tomorrow.

I am getting the iPhone 7 32GB and I received my shipping information yesterday and the phone is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

8 years ago

Yes my hsuband's phone will be here tomorrow; i checked on FedEx... But, mines still says processing on Apple.com for att... My question was, does it make adifference?

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

8 years ago

Yes.  If you order from AT&T, then AT&T handles the shipping from their inventory of iPhones they get from Apple.  If you order from Apple, then Apple handles the shipping from their own supplies.  Because Apple makes he phones, and supplies them to AT&T and all other carriers, they generally ship faster than the carriers or any other authorized retailers, but it also depend upon exactly what configuration you ordered and when you ordered it.

WHen I prepared to order my new iPhones, I missed the early mornig pre-order window and the shipping dates from AT&T (for the models I wanted) were already showing as October.  I went to the Apple site, and the same models I wanted were still showing as 9/16, so I ordered my 2 iPhones from Apple.  I got my shipping notification email from Apple last night telling me that they will be delivered tomorrow.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

mine says delivery date tomorrow but still says preparing for shipping and  still havent received tracking ...losing hope by the minute

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

i ordered a i phone 7 plus 128 gb in gold but i meed jet black how can i change... help me please??

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

8 years ago

@Senthy This happened to me, but it was the next day. They cancelled me that pushed my delivery back to Oct 7-14. when I put in my original order at 12:06 am. They said they couldn't verify my identity which I dont get and had to go to the store, at the store they said they could not find anything wrong so I still have no idea what happened.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.