For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
vhfan52's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, April 21st, 2019 3:39 AM

Closed

S8 Active Android 9/Pie update

Will the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active be upgraded to Android 9.0? I dont mind waiting for the update. I just want to know yes or no.

Thanks 

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

5 years ago

Have you tried to wipe the Cache Partition? Many times with an upgrade things get a bit bloated in the phone. You can also try to clear the cache on the offending apps. Good luck

Steps to wipe cache partition on Samsung Galaxy S8 Active(T-Mobile/Sprint/AT&T)

1. Power off the device
  2. Press and hold power, Bixby, and volume up buttons
  3. This will take you to the recovery mode
  4. When on recovery mode select wipe cache partition
  5. Confirm when prompted by selecting yes
  6. Reboot the device when the process is completed

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Unfortunately that didn't work. 1.5-2 hours after reboot, symptoms were back.

Additionally, I've noticed over the past few days that Google Maps (on Android Auto) is broken.

I'll put in my destination as I leave my house, and it maps a route (seemingly) with traffic info. There are streets that are red, etc.

Then within 5 min it says that I'm "offline". After that it no longer reroutes for updated traffic. And I tried searching for a new destination and it couldn't.

At this point, this phone is effectively broken for my day-to-day tasks

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@LiquidPT wrote:

Unfortunately that didn't work. 1.5-2 hours after reboot, symptoms were back.

Additionally, I've noticed over the past few days that Google Maps (on Android Auto) is broken.

I'll put in my destination as I leave my house, and it maps a route (seemingly) with traffic info. There are streets that are red, etc.

Then within 5 min it says that I'm "offline". After that it no longer reroutes for updated traffic. And I tried searching for a new destination and it couldn't.

At this point, this phone is effectively broken for my day-to-day tasks

Check your power saving modes....  The phone is turning the GPS off.  This happened to some folks that had the s8 when pie came out.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

It's currently set on Optimized. Do I need to turn it up to High performance? Seems weird. Is there another setting somewhere else I need to tweak?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I should also say that Google Maps showed my location on the map just fine. It just said it was "offline" (I take that to mean no network connection) and wouldn't update traffic or search.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

UPDATE: I figured out the newer Auto/network issue. But I'm still having the hanging issue that i started with causing me to have to reboot every few hours.

For completeness sake, here was the network issue: This weekend I installed a Blackvue dash cam. For those familiar, you probably see what's coming. In order to get the images off the camera (or to view it live to install), you connect to a Wi-Fi network on the camera. So, when I was in my driveway or garage at work, I was connected to those Wi-Fis and would get the initial traffic data/route. But as I drove away, I would get out of range of those and it would connect to my camera which has no internet connection. Doh! Turned off the Wi-Fi on the camera and that's fixed.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Has anyone figured out a fix for this? Since the pie update, my phone does the same thing. YouTube and camera freezes. Restarting fixes the issue, but I frequently have to do it.

Also I have contacted Samsung about the issue, but they basically said I need a new phone because no one else was reporting the issue.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.