Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sun, Apr 21, 2019 3:39 AM

S8 Active Android 9/Pie update

Will the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active be upgraded to Android 9.0? I dont mind waiting for the update. I just want to know yes or no.

Thanks 

Responses

rpiplica

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

a year ago

ATT has just about stopped even Security updates for the ATT S8 Active. I just got the May update on my T Mobile S8 Active but my ATT phone has not updated in a few months.

pgrey

ACE - Master

• 

3.5K Messages

a year ago

Yeah, they're definitely not moving "fast" on the "Active models", they never have, I think because it's a low-volume model, my guess anyway.

February was the last patch: https://www.att.com/device-support/article/wireless/KM1223303/Samsung/SamsungG892A/

(edited)

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as "accept-solution", and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). FYI: I'm an AT&T end-user, just like most of us in the forum. Thanks.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

a year ago

Samsung desks at bestbuy dont exist.  Stop suggesting them.

rpiplica

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

a year ago

I believe they still have Samsung Experience in Best Buy but they no longer have ROMS to upgrade your OS

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

a year ago

@rpiplica wrote:

I believe they still have Samsung Experience in Best Buy but they no longer have ROMS to upgrade your OS

@rpiplica 

you are correct.  But some still have full service people..  Not many but some.  Ubreakifix is Samsungs new repair partner...

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

a year ago

At the time I write this comment July 12, 2019 we have not yet received an update to Android Pie. Terrible service.

I never imagined that I would have such an unpleasant experience with Samsung. Why can not they be like Apple, that still in full 2019 the iPhone 6S continues in force with updates (device 2015)?

Rays, it would be a waste to get rid of my S8 Active for this reason, since it is a too great smartphone, but it bothers me that the other versions of s8 and note 8 have Pie and I do not.

Last breath. If for the next 1st. August I do not have the update, I'll get rid of this phone ...

rpiplica

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

a year ago

I have not even gotten a security update since March. My T-Mobile S8 has gotten monthly
billsite34

Guru

• 

320 Messages

a year ago

Received the pie update today!!

rpiplica

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

a year ago

Which model Galaxy

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

a year ago

@billsite34 wrote:

Received the pie update today!!

@billsite34 

took them long enough...  sheesh.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

I just got the update today as well. For my S8 Model G892A.

It started to update and it paused at 95%. I was away form wifi and tried to finish mobile hotspot but i would  not return to the update. It would say system update. I had to move my phone time forward by 24 hrs in order to download it again. It started over, but I'm happy i have the update now. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

a year ago

I can not believe what you are saying. Would it be possible for you to upload a photo or screenshot of the new update to Android Pie with the name of the model of your Samsung Galaxy? I have not received the update on my SM-G892A yet. Maybe it's progressively

rpiplica

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

a year ago

Finally ATT has released the 9.0 Pie Upgrade for Galaxy S8 Active. I got it this afternoon after someone posted on this forum that is was out. I little cartoonish but I like it very bright and very nice fonts and display I was starting to have a hard time reading my phone and this update makes everything stand out.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

a year ago

@luisdavidjc1 wrote:

I can not believe what you are saying. Would it be possible for you to upload a photo or screenshot of the new update to Android Pie with the name of the model of your Samsung Galaxy? I have not received the update on my SM-G892A yet. Maybe it's progressively

@luisdavidjc1 

And you wont if your profile is right your not in the USA...  ATT only updates phones for customers that have active ATT accounts and connected to ATT towers.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

a year ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 

@My case is that I live in the Dominican Republic (Punta Cana) and my mobile service company is ALTICE. I bought my S8 Active unlocked for all companies. What you say means that I will not be able to download the update until I install an active AT & T simcard on my phone

Get started...

Ask a new question