For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
balkie's profile

Tutor

• 

37 Messages

Wednesday, February 23rd, 2022 2:22 PM

RCS not working for all people since getting S22

Since getting my new S22, RCS no longer works with my wife.  We are both on AT&T branded Samsung phones and using Google Messages.  We both have chat features enabled.  The only difference is that mine says it's "powered by AT&T" while hers says "powered by Jibe Mobile".  Does AT&T's RCS seriously not interact with Jibe Mobile RCS?  Furthermore, why wouldn't there be consistency within AT&T on this?  They are both AT&T phones purchased through AT&T and used on the AT&T network.

• 

24 Messages

6 months ago

Best thing I ever did was buy an unlocked phone from Samsung or Best buy.  You are not locked under finance payments and a 2 year contract from att.  The only thing you lose is att visual voicemail app in the phone app but just you have Samsung standalone visual voicemail app which works fine. Samsung and att have junk voicemail apps anyway so it doesn't matter.  Wifi calling, Hotspot, 5g all work and you don't have the att bloatware. You also get faster updates direct from Samsung and can join beta testing.  All upside no downside.  

• 

13 Messages

2 months ago

still not working on messages between my s22 and my wife's s22.  It absolutely amazes me there are no comments from ATT on this, when calling into ATT, they haven't a clue what you are talking about.  I've sent screen shots and everything its very clear to see what is happening, yet 2 years later and no resolution.  Yes I cleared cache and data, yes I reinstalled carrier services and messages, Yes, I've started new google messages contact threads. And yes..... it was all working with google Jibe and all started when it went to RCS services with ATT.

• 

12 Messages

2 months ago

I will never get another Att branded Samsung phone that is not using jibe. My s22 ultra sporadically works with RCS, but most of the time it doesn't. You would think they could send an update out to fix this. Fortunately I have other phones I can use RCS on. I've given up on att

• 

13 Messages

2 months ago

After a year an a half I am able to now successfully send RCS to my wife's S22 ultra.  I had read on a reddit post that some recent updates were sent out for google messages and some others were seeing RCS work for some contacts it hadn't in the past as the back end is moving to Jibe.  However, doesn't appear its working on beta version of google messages yet which I had installed.  I switched to regular version of google messages and carrier services and after 1.5 years of it not working all of a sudden it works.  Here were the steps I took:

1. forced stop google messages, cleared cache and cleared data

2. exited beta for google messages

3. uninstalled google messages

4. exited beta for carrier services, cleared cache, data for carrier services and uninstalled

5. restarted phone

6. installed google messages and carrier services, restarted phone again 

7. upon opening messages, RCS is now working with all contacts.  Still saying 'RCS from Google is provided by AT&T'

Messages version is messages.android_20240213_01_RC01.phone_samsung_dynamic

• 

12 Messages

2 months ago

I got an update yesterday and RCS no longer says RCS provided by Att.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.