For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
balkie's profile

Tutor

• 

37 Messages

Wednesday, February 23rd, 2022 2:22 PM

RCS not working for all people since getting S22

Since getting my new S22, RCS no longer works with my wife.  We are both on AT&T branded Samsung phones and using Google Messages.  We both have chat features enabled.  The only difference is that mine says it's "powered by AT&T" while hers says "powered by Jibe Mobile".  Does AT&T's RCS seriously not interact with Jibe Mobile RCS?  Furthermore, why wouldn't there be consistency within AT&T on this?  They are both AT&T phones purchased through AT&T and used on the AT&T network.

• 

15 Messages

1 year ago

I switched my wife's S21 to Google Messages/Jibe earlier this year without any issues.  I'm on a Pixel/Jibe (unlocked).

I tried tried switching her phone back to default Samsung Messages last week (AT&T Advanced Messaging/RCS).  Suddenly both of our chat messages started going into the abyss...AT&T RCS is not communicating to Jibe still.  Her number starts with a 3 if that makes a difference.

Fix this AT&T!!! 🤬

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I purchased a new phone for my mom and there was a problem with her new S22+ on ATT. I think it had something to do with the SIM/phone number being moved to a new phone.

Also, the S22 uses ATT's RCS servers and not the Jibe service that Google uses.

To resolve this, I went to the following link:

How to turn chat features off (google.com)

I had her turn off the chat feature and then I entered in her mobile number in the link above and clicked Verify. I waited a few minutes and had her reenable the chat feature.

This worked for her.

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

Still not working with one contact and of course the one I text with most. Same phone both ATT. I've tried everything this is ridiculous that support and the ATT have just thrown up their hands. This worked before my s22 ultra. Now close to a year. 

• 

32 Messages

1 year ago

I haven't been back to this thread in months and I thought now with the S23 series coming up, if ATT has "fixed" their RCS servers to work with other carriers and it seems like no.  As expected - all @ATTHelp 's talk last year about it coming in a few months was all fluff to get people to shut up when they don't have any intention to make it carrier interoperable.  They simply do not care.  It wasn't even carrier interoperable, but S22 users couldn't even use RCS features with other Samsung uses of other phones like the S9, Note 20...  It was and is so absurd.

I had moved on to a ZF4 unlocked by Samsung phone which used Google's Jibe RCS servers and worked as expected and I will continue to advise folks who have ATT to avoid ATT carrier Samsung phones, and get the unlocked versions from Samsung.  You will lose ATT Video Calling which you probably never used, but it is replaced by Google Meet.  Wifi calling and hotspot works.  The best part is you are no longer at the whim of ATT's RCS servers.  I am picking up the S23 Ultra unlocked and I will never pick up an ATT version phone again.

ONE year, ATT... One year - and still not fixed and no different than it was a year ago.

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Does the unlocked Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra work on At&t's 5G network?

• 

32 Messages

1 year ago

@Bubbleb1 It does for the unlocked S22 Ultra and the Z Fold 4.  I don't have any reason to believe it won't for the S23 series.

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you! I guess all I need is to upgrade my plan to a 5G plan to access the 5G network then.

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I posted a solution for the ATT RCS issue last month (just a few posts up) that works, but no one seems to read them. Keep in mind that if you buy an unlocked phone, most likely Wi-Fi calling will not work for you. There are a lot of people that may not use or it or even know what it is, but some people depend on it where cell service is minimal.

Participant

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

Your solution doesn't fix the overall problem. The bigger problem is AT&T enabling universal profile on their end for everyone. It's a rollout that they are in control of. 

Also, I don't have an unlocked S22 but I do use an unlocked Pixel 7 on AT&T and WiFi calling, visual voicemail, etc work just fine. 

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

@rlbowlinjr I tried your method you mentioned. Disabled it on our current phones, went to the link, did everything it said, and it still did not work.

The issue we are having is 3 of the 5 lines on our plan (all Galaxy S22 phones) are unable to receive RCS messages but can send them. The ONLY way they can receive them is if they are open to that conversation. 

I went through all the permissions, and nothing looks any different than the 2 phones that actually work. We have never had problems on our old Galaxy phones when it was Jibe Mobile. Once we got the new ones that says powered by AT&T it has been complete garbage. Every time I call AT&T for support, they have NO IDEA what RCS is. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.