The Samsung Galaxy S24
balkie's profile

Tutor

• 

37 Messages

Wednesday, February 23rd, 2022 2:22 PM

RCS not working for all people since getting S22

Since getting my new S22, RCS no longer works with my wife.  We are both on AT&T branded Samsung phones and using Google Messages.  We both have chat features enabled.  The only difference is that mine says it's "powered by AT&T" while hers says "powered by Jibe Mobile".  Does AT&T's RCS seriously not interact with Jibe Mobile RCS?  Furthermore, why wouldn't there be consistency within AT&T on this?  They are both AT&T phones purchased through AT&T and used on the AT&T network.

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

After months of nothing, Goggle Messages on my S22 Ultra just started showing  “ Chatting with [contact name]” for people on Jibe RCS while I'm on AT&T RCS. So I'm guessing they got this figured out?

Hopeful. All those I've seen this end to end encrypted and chat activated notice with were using Jibe on AT&T or Verizon.  I am using the AT&T RCS on my S22.

Seems that interoperability between AT&T RCS and Jibe RCS is here.

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Update:  Now have chat features with my husband at least.

(edited)

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

Still unable to RCS chat with another ATT S22 ultra on my plan (both ATT RCS Network), but seem to be able to chat with all others.  Seems some are getting resolution.  Are there others still have this scenario where its not working for both phones on ATT RCS network?  

Craziest thing is my contact sends it to me and it shows chat, but when I send to them, it shows only SMS as an option.  I can RCS chat with others without a problem.

• 

14 Messages

1 year ago

I am now able to use RCS with the rest of my family members on my family plan, as well as a few other of my most used contacts. Previously it only worked with my wife who also has an S22 so that is encouraging. I still don't have RCS with a good friend of mine who has a Pixel on Google Fi so that that one is the main contact that I'm still missing that I use regularly. Everyone else that I contact regularly is either on an iPhone or doesn't use RCS.

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Mine just started working with my wife's Galaxy S20 last night... Still not working with Android users on other networks

Tutor

• 

27 Messages

1 year ago

My RCS is still hit and miss, however, after the Nov 15th update, "reactions" are working with my iPhone family and friends for individual "text" messages. What's not working is "reactions" to pics, reply to individual messages in a group chat and watching youtube videos through an in-app player.

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

I too got the ability to use RCS with my Jibe friends a few days ago, without having to update my phone. My first digit minus the area code is 5, so I wonder if it's sequential.

Fun fact: the second three digits of a phone number (the first three if you don't count the area code) is called an exchange code, and it may be easier to just say "the first digit of my exchange code" rather than "the first digit of my phone number minus the area code."

Good luck to all who have been patiently waiting for this to roll out to them!

Also @joachimv how were you able to get end to end encryption? (That's what the padlock symbol means.) I haven't heard of anyone else on AT&T's network being able to send e2ee messages so I just assumed it was a Jibe exclusive feature. Any insight would be appreciated. If you have no clue what you did/why it works,  would you be willing to share what phone model, whether it's carrier locked, and the version of carrier services and Google messages app? If not I understand, but I'm really surprised about this and would love to learn more!

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

@HeckLockedRCS  RCS finally showed up for me (exchange code 3) on Saturday I also have " Chatting with” on my chat conversations.

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

Still not working for one of my contacts.  My exchange starts with 6

• 

20 Messages

1 year ago

So, I ported over from Verizon to AT&T in late October.  I am only getting some text messages from some people.  Like my husband has a company iPhone on the Verizon network, and I can't get SMS messages from him and other in my family have a Google Pixel on the Verizon network.  

Some other people in my contacts have Android phones (Samsung) with Verizon and I can get their text messages.

Is this a RCS issue?  If so, what do I need to ask AT&T to do to get this fixed?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.