For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
balkie's profile

Tutor

• 

37 Messages

Wednesday, February 23rd, 2022 2:22 PM

RCS not working for all people since getting S22

Since getting my new S22, RCS no longer works with my wife.  We are both on AT&T branded Samsung phones and using Google Messages.  We both have chat features enabled.  The only difference is that mine says it's "powered by AT&T" while hers says "powered by Jibe Mobile".  Does AT&T's RCS seriously not interact with Jibe Mobile RCS?  Furthermore, why wouldn't there be consistency within AT&T on this?  They are both AT&T phones purchased through AT&T and used on the AT&T network.

• 

12 Messages

1 year ago

what kind of phone are you using, and what messaging app are you using? With google messages using rcs, I've seen where you can't get messages from people you previously had chat connections with. I've had to install Textra, set it as my default messaging app, then switch back to google messages, then I started getting all my text again. BUT, not sure what's the deal with your husbands Iphone

• 

20 Messages

1 year ago

@glassman_1991  I am using the Samsung S22+ and using either Google Messages or Samsung Messages.  

Some other notes on this

-I can't get SMS messages from an iPhone user on Verizon service

-I can't get SMS messages from a Google Pixel on Verizon service

-I can get messages from other Samsung phones on Verizon service

Do you think if I try a different 3rd party text message software and then switch back it may fix it?  When I tried to switch from Google Messages to Samsung Messages, it doesn't help.

• 

12 Messages

1 year ago

I had to use the third party app to get my messages back. You don't have to keep using the third party app... It just help me get my messages back to working. Once I downloaded it, switch it to my default, then immediately went back to Google messages, I was able to get my messages back to working. After that you can even delete the app. 

• 

12 Messages

1 year ago

You can't just simply go from Samsung to Google or vice versa probably because these two apps both have RCS compatibility. I'm not saying this will solve your problem but it's worth a try. 

• 

20 Messages

1 year ago

Boo! No luck! Still didn't work 😔

@ATTHelp or anyone else ... any other ideas? 

@attsupport 

• 

16 Messages

1 year ago

So rcs started working with my best friend on my line and it hasn't worked all year but now the people who I've been chatting with like my boyfriend who has a s22 ultra plus on att it isn't working. Like (Edited per community guidelines) att. Is anyone else having this issue?

(edited)

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

Similar experience here.  It was working for 2 people and not one, now its working for no one again.

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

RCS Powered by AT&T has been awful lately. It is hit or miss if a message will send or actually make it to the intended person. I have a group message with family all on the same family plan with AT&T all using Galaxy S22 devices and the chat is a mess. Some people never get the message sometimes it never sends. I have spent days on the phone with AT&T or in a chat with them and they have no idea what I am talking about. They think it's something with the phone. Obviously by the amount of people posting that they are having issues I highly doubt it is a user or phone issues. 

They need to switch back to Jibe Mobile so we can all enjoy RCS the way it was intended. 

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

I commented a while back about RCS starting to be functionally working for me and ever since I have had issues with SMS and RCS both. Also all photos send in a chat RCS thread are not going RCS. they go SMS. I'm not getting the advantage of RCS for large photo and video files. Once a week I have to use the ATT service module to fix my texting as most messages end up sitting on "Sending" for hours at a time until I run the troubleshooter. This is NOT good. Not good at all. I miss messages all the time and messages never get delivered on both RCS and SMS. ALL THE TIME.

• 

18 Messages

1 year ago

New year. Same issue. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.