For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Gayle3103's profile

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, August 7th, 2016 3:01 PM

Closed

Bogo Buy on Get one Free Issue

I have the same issue of some of the previous posts.  Went into the store in Plymouth Meeting to purchase one new phone.  The salesman told be about buy one get one free promo if I add a line.  I decided to got for it and added the new line and got Iphone 6 and 6S which the salesman said was good for the promo.  At check out his receipt wasn't working so I didn't get any paperwork.  After returning home I decided to call at&t and confirm the promo and price of my new bill.  I spent about 30 min on the phone w/ the rep and he confirmed the buy one get one along w/ my new bill.  He did say that it would take a few billing statements for me to get the credits.  After 4 months i called again because no credit.  They said it would show up following month.  Nothing so I called again.  At this point 4 months after the purchase they now said the phones I purchases where not part of the Bogo.  They created a case because the records show I called to reveiw on the date of purchase the new plan.  I didn't hear back within the 10 days so I have made multiple phone calls.  Each one 30 to 40 min. end with the case is still under investigation.  Now at 6 months after the purchase At&t called me back to tell me I have to go threw the store to get this escalated.  I did call the store about 6 weeks ago and never heard anything back.  Just called again now they said the district manager will contact me with in 10 days.  Honestly this is fraud.  I am still hoping they stand behind what they sold me but the amount of hours and 6 months I've been waiting to get this resolved is completely unethical.   [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

8 years ago

So you purchased in February/March.  The iPhone 6 wasn't part of the BOGO offer, the iPhone 6s was.

that doesn't make it a scam, but the sales person should have known what phones were eligible.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

2 Attachments

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

If you could read the above post again.  Your sales person an At&t Rep. sold me those phones in the store as buy one get one Bogo this was back in December.  I also spoke w/ phone rep that same day to verify what i purchased and to review my new bill.  So yes that is a scam. If one of your employees sells you something and also checked w/ his manager on the promotion.  I guess you are saying your employees  can say and do whatever they want without ethics. Is it At&ts response that they allow their employees to lie?  At&t is responsible for the actions and lack of training of thier employees..correct. Why did they not see the above publication???? Why did they sell something in a fraudulent manor?? Lots of questions without any ligitimate answers.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

8 years ago

Not MY salesperson.  This is a customer populated forum, NOT AT&T 

And as I wrote, the employees should have known which phones were eligible.  The 6s was, the iPhone 6 was not.  I don't believe it was scam or fraud.  I do believe it's lousy training.  

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

This exact thing happened to me during the end of July 2016 into August 2016 BOGO deal.  The salesperson told me there was no paper work to fill out, that my 2 phones qualified when adding another line.  They said it was all automatic.  They only had one silver 64GB iPhone 6s that day as far as I was told so they found a silver 64GB 6 to sell to me as the second line.  Two online chats and two phones calls later to support where all agents told me I qualified, and I have yet to see a credit.  5 months and no solution.  I even have one of the online chats saved where they specifically told me they see where I will be getting the credits.  Several calls to a support manager in Texas whom I am tempted to post his name and number on here and he still has not called me back.  I am going to try talking to the ATT store that sold them to me today.  [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Unhappy2017 wrote:

This exact thing happened to me during the end of July 2016 into August 2016 BOGO deal.  The salesperson told me there was no paper work to fill out, that my 2 phones qualified when adding another line.  They said it was all automatic.  They only had one silver 64GB iPhone 6s that day as far as I was told so they found a silver 64GB 6 to sell to me as the second line.  

There is no form, which would be nice because it would have the requirements on it. 

The requirements are on the web site, which I always recommend reading so you don't get stuck with a $650 because you do not meet the requirements.

I'm not sure why they are telling you that you qualified, the iPhone 6 did not qualify for the July BOGO.

Actually, I know why: They either don't see the problem and they definitely don't like to give bad news. If they give bad news and you do a survey, it gets taken out on them (they get a 0 for service and they get marked as not helping you). It's easier to to say something else.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

7 years ago

@Unhappy2017 wrote:

This exact thing happened to me during the end of July 2016 into August 2016 BOGO deal.  The salesperson told me there was no paper work to fill out, that my 2 phones qualified when adding another line.  They said it was all automatic.  They only had one silver 64GB iPhone 6s that day as far as I was told so they found a silver 64GB 6 to sell to me as the second line.  Two online chats and two phones calls later to support where all agents told me I qualified, and I have yet to see a credit.  5 months and no solution.  I even have one of the online chats saved where they specifically told me they see where I will be getting the credits.  Several calls to a support manager in Texas whom I am tempted to post his name and number on here and he still has not called me back.  I am going to try talking to the ATT store that sold them to me today.  [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

You can complain to everyone between here and the moon, it will not make a difference. 

The Bogo offer was published and NEVER included the iPhone 6.  

The BOGO listed qualifying phones, and the only iPhone from December 2015 to August 2016 was the 6s and 6s plus.  Any other phone voids the BOGO and you don't get credits.  

You received the phones you paid for.  That alone takes any fraud or scam out of it.  

These Bogo sales are voluntary on ATT part.  They can dictate the terms, then must honor them. Any deviation they do NOT have to honor.  Part of getting the deal is picking the right product.

If delmonte has a can-can sale on veggies , you can't buy one veggie and one fruit and get the sale.

Whether the clerk made an error or just didn't care, they are the only one responsible.  

The only way you get any relief is hope ATT take pity on you, but it's unlikely.  

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

I say not,  they truely expect customers to go online and lookup deals and read the fine print before going to the store, give me a break.  That is the whole reason I went to the store so I could get first hand information from the sales rep on what new plans were available.  I had no idea the was even a BOGO offer going on.  It is a scam at the highest level.  They know people are not going to read the fine print before going to the store, and they know sales reps can just sell phones without going over the fine print.  Been a customer for 16 years and this is the how I get treated.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

I gave up!!! Closed a couple lines and can't wait to leave at&t. Lies scams over 7 months from online the Plymouth meeting store and calling even emailed the regional manager multiple times with no answer!!!!! As for lizdance40. All she posts are pro at&t excuses, The ACE achieverss receive non cash gifts. But they are suppose help. She never helps only posts excuses And never addresses the true problem which is at&t lack of training, mis/informing customers and then financially trapping them. Horrible customer service phone support !!!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Unhappy2017 wrote:

I say not,  they truely expect customers to go online and lookup deals and read the fine print before going to the store, give me a break.  That is the whole reason I went to the store so I could get first hand information from the sales rep on what new plans were available.  I had no idea the was even a BOGO offer going on.  It is a scam at the highest level.  They know people are not going to read the fine print before going to the store, and they know sales reps can just sell phones without going over the fine print.  Been a customer for 16 years and this is the how I get treated.

You don't have to check the offer out in writing. You don't need to read the details before you get a car loan or purchase a house or get 10 CDs for a penny. But AS YOU KNOW it really helps if you read the offer.

At no point in my life has anyone ever told me to trust a salesperson.

Realistically, I'm more worried about them being WRONG than scamming me.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Gayle3103 wrote:
As for lizdance40. All she posts are pro at&t excuses, The ACE achieverss receive non cash gifts. But they are suppose help. 

That's not true she posts complaints all the time.  

The non-cash gifts are very very little things, they are not any kind or form of compensation! 

She never helps only posts excuses And never addresses the true problem which is at&t lack of training, mis/informing customers and then financially trapping them. 

The solution is to be informed and don't believe everything a salesperson tells you. (I can't change corporate policy, I can get you information).

People do these offers and expect $650 for a free phone or a switcher offer.

This is big money, read the offer!!! 

It's clearly worth the effort to complain wouldn't it have been easier to have just looked it up beforehand and actually qualified?

You found the forums when you wanted to complain, come before when you have a question!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.