Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
Gayle3103's profile

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, August 7th, 2016 3:01 PM

Closed

Bogo Buy on Get one Free Issue

I have the same issue of some of the previous posts.  Went into the store in Plymouth Meeting to purchase one new phone.  The salesman told be about buy one get one free promo if I add a line.  I decided to got for it and added the new line and got Iphone 6 and 6S which the salesman said was good for the promo.  At check out his receipt wasn't working so I didn't get any paperwork.  After returning home I decided to call at&t and confirm the promo and price of my new bill.  I spent about 30 min on the phone w/ the rep and he confirmed the buy one get one along w/ my new bill.  He did say that it would take a few billing statements for me to get the credits.  After 4 months i called again because no credit.  They said it would show up following month.  Nothing so I called again.  At this point 4 months after the purchase they now said the phones I purchases where not part of the Bogo.  They created a case because the records show I called to reveiw on the date of purchase the new plan.  I didn't hear back within the 10 days so I have made multiple phone calls.  Each one 30 to 40 min. end with the case is still under investigation.  Now at 6 months after the purchase At&t called me back to tell me I have to go threw the store to get this escalated.  I did call the store about 6 weeks ago and never heard anything back.  Just called again now they said the district manager will contact me with in 10 days.  Honestly this is fraud.  I am still hoping they stand behind what they sold me but the amount of hours and 6 months I've been waiting to get this resolved is completely unethical.   [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

{keep it courteous}

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Also I suggest that anyone who got ripped off by AT&T should file a consumer complaint with the attorney general's office. It's easy to fill out and only takes 5 min to complete

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

7 years ago

@Gnazz02131 wrote:
Nope 2016

You might have put that in.....  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Same issue is happening to me.  At this point it has been 6 months and no credit nor resolution.  Every time i call, i get directTV people (they are inexpert ... meaning i d i o t s). [Edited to comply with Guidelines]   This is not right, they need to honor the offer.   Oh, they record every phone calls, i told them to review that so, that didn't help either.   I exhausted my resources now.   

Not sure what to do!!!!!!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

7 years ago

@ravicioso

The current BOGO offers are different and have had different requirements.   Like a line had to be ported in from a competing carrier and you had to have TV service with ATT also.   

What was the exact date of your purchase?

What phones did you buy?

Did you add a line?  

From another COMPETING carrier?

do you have direct TV or Uverse, in the same name?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

What was the exact date of your purchase?

April - May offer

What phones did you buy?

iPhone 7

Did you add a line?

Yes... I upgraded my old and purchased another

>From another COMPETING carrier? No. I've been an ATT customer for many years

do you have direct TV or Uverse, in the same name? Nope

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

7 years ago

@ravicioso  The offers in April, May, June and July 2017 were an integrated BOGO 

Integrated Bogo means it required you have, or add TV service in addition to adding a new line for the free phone.  

This is the May details.  https://slickdeals.net/f/10149388-samsung-galaxy-s8-bogo-with-direct-tv-contract-at-t

July.  https://slickdeals.net/f/10324228-buy-an-iphone-7-32-gb-get-one-free-with-at-t-next

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you for your opinion about Wells Fargo - "not even similar", for "thinking" for me and letting me know the "Reality check just kicked in."  Thank you, for your solution and words.  Hope this works for you.  I would go into more detail, but it is not worth my time. For others out there, if you feel you are in the right and you were wronged, continue to pursue the issue, don't give up.  Even if "others" tell you to, as stated here.  I have sent a letter of dispute and believe that AT&T will do the ethical thing.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you for your assumption that I didn't read the offer.   Thank you for your solution and words.  {keep it courteous} I have written a letter of dispute, but thanks for your opinion.  For those of you that feel you are in the right, please continue to pursue the issue even though it might be a long path. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Renee1212 wrote:

Thank you for your assumption that I didn't read the offer.   Thank you for your solution and words.  

Umm, in post #29 didn't you say you did NOT read the offer??

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.