Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
Gayle3103's profile

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, August 7th, 2016 3:01 PM

Closed

Bogo Buy on Get one Free Issue

I have the same issue of some of the previous posts.  Went into the store in Plymouth Meeting to purchase one new phone.  The salesman told be about buy one get one free promo if I add a line.  I decided to got for it and added the new line and got Iphone 6 and 6S which the salesman said was good for the promo.  At check out his receipt wasn't working so I didn't get any paperwork.  After returning home I decided to call at&t and confirm the promo and price of my new bill.  I spent about 30 min on the phone w/ the rep and he confirmed the buy one get one along w/ my new bill.  He did say that it would take a few billing statements for me to get the credits.  After 4 months i called again because no credit.  They said it would show up following month.  Nothing so I called again.  At this point 4 months after the purchase they now said the phones I purchases where not part of the Bogo.  They created a case because the records show I called to reveiw on the date of purchase the new plan.  I didn't hear back within the 10 days so I have made multiple phone calls.  Each one 30 to 40 min. end with the case is still under investigation.  Now at 6 months after the purchase At&t called me back to tell me I have to go threw the store to get this escalated.  I did call the store about 6 weeks ago and never heard anything back.  Just called again now they said the district manager will contact me with in 10 days.  Honestly this is fraud.  I am still hoping they stand behind what they sold me but the amount of hours and 6 months I've been waiting to get this resolved is completely unethical.   [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Call the better business bureau

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

I ran into issue where they said id get bogo on 2 phones quoted me a 320 a month price told me 3 months and it would be credited to my bill i waited and went to store they said i should be getting it. Then contacted text support who confiremed i should get it still nothing called customer support now they say i should have directv to get it. I think its a big rip off game which they tell you a great deal but then blame the sales people when they change it on you and screw you over

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

7 years ago

If you met the requirements, you can get the credits on the second phone.  If you did not, you paid the fair retail price for the second phone.   Unfortunately that isn't a scam and doesn't obligate ATT to give you the phone credits.   I was able to dig up most of the offers with terms.

IMG_6491.PNGIMG_6492.PNG

2 Attachments

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

7 years ago

IMG_6493.PNGIMG_6494.PNG

2 Attachments

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

7 years ago

I took screen shots because the offers don't stay on the website forever, but the complaints keep coming many months later.   

2/24 to April.   

IMG_6495.PNG

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

I don't care what others are saying on this thread but it definitely seems like a Wells Fargo scam of signing up customers using this BOGO offer. Here is my story:

I went into the store ( 5180 Stevens Creek Blvd, Ste 30, San Jose, CA 95129) on Feb, 21, 2016 and I wanted to get 2 lines for me and my spouse. I also saw the BOGO deal in the store so inquired about it (Specifically for iPhone 6). So the sales agent said yes I could purchase one phone and get the second one FREE. I usually don't like paying for phones at full price so even stay one or two revs behind. 650 for 2 phones was a good deal. I went ahead and purchased it and did auto-credit to my CC. You don't suspect a company store like AT&T will be allow sales people who will swindle their customers so didn't bother checking my bill till 21 months later. Guess what, I wanted to upgrade my phones as I have 4 lines with AT&T now (2 for us and 2 for our kids).

On 11/18, I went to the store to see if I could upgrade my phones or I could avail the latest BOGO deals as I though I had a great experience doing this 2 years back. As I was sitting with the Sales person (Mr. Chase) he told me I did not have any BOGO deal on my current plan and I had been charged (all this while for both the phones). This was shocking to me as I was happily using the 2 phones thinking I had paid for one and one was FREE. Now he talks to his manager and they raise a ticket with the back office (with a promise to call me back on Wed, 11/22 - a day before Thanksgiving). Guess what Mon/Tues no calls, so I decide to call them up. I hear from the agent that BTW, just so you know this deal was for iPhone 6s only and not for iPhone 6. To which off course, I say "I am 100% sure I was told that the 2 phones qualified for the BOGO deal and hence I bought it). She ("Amanda") says wait for a couple of days and if you don't hear from AT&T go back to the store. Now looking at this I think I have been scammed as well. Here is the reason why I think it's a scam: I checked the website: https://www.att.com/deals/apple-iphone-8-bogo.html it clearly says the current BOGO offer is ONLY for iphone 8. Right? Ok, so the salesman (Chase) told me I can actually get an iPhone X and get a iPhone 8 for free (as long as I get 2 new numbers). My kids numbers I don't care if they change so I said ok, that's great. Let me first sort this out about my iPhone 6 and then I will go ahead with this deal. I'm glad I waited. If I went ahead I would have landed up paying for 2 iPhone Xs and 2 iPhone 8 assuming this bogo deal is only for iphone8.

IF 9 people felt this was the deal they were supposed to get it cannot simply be error in understanding the deal. It has to be a Wells Fargo kind of scam (sell devices and let the billing guys give the bad news - after 60 days which means you cannot even return the phone and if someone is a fool like me won't find out till the next time they want to upgrade).

The reason I feel so strongly is that, since I remember it was such a good deal, I decided to do this again and in fact even told the sales agent that I really liked this deal last time and hence I'm back to see if I can get this deal with iPhone X. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

6 years ago

@PDD_Unhappy   You won’t get anything for the iPhone 6.  It was never part of any BOGO sale.  

There was a BOGO if you bought an iPhone X the iPhone 8 will be free or deep discounted with credits, if you added a new line for the free phone.  

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

No one expects to be cheated and double check on companies like ATT. If you recall the Wells Fargo scam also came out due to aggressive salesman. I am not old yet to forget that I told the salesperson that I will ONLY buy if it was BOGO. And if you have seen iPhone X deal can you please share the link? Just google Bogo att and issues and you will find many complaints.

[Please keep it courteous.]

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

6 years ago

@PDD_Unhappy  

I get notified just like you do if I posted on a thread.  I don’t work for ATT.  Being rude to fellow customers sure won’t get you any help.  

The iPhone X/iPhone 8 BOGO was In Store only and unadvertised starting 11/3.  There is no link on the offer.  

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Most people who replied me too are saying that run feel cheated. And if you didn’t have that experience good for you. It does not make the folks who felt cheated wrong or exonerate the ATT salesmen. Don’t you fee that there’s something incorrect going on if so many people are calling it out?

[Please keep it courteous.]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.