For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Gary L's profile
ACE - Expert

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

Wednesday, August 17th, 2016 5:45 PM

New Mobile Share Advantage plans available Aug. 21 w/ NO data overages (unlimited data at 128 kbps)

New Mobile Share Advantage plans are available August 21, 2016. 

No automatic data overage charges, data drops to 128 kbps and I guess it's unlimited (but I'm thinking they are avoiding that term intentionally). 

Screen Shot 2016-08-17 at 1.40.03 PM.png

From http://about.att.com/story/att_introduces_mobile_share_advantage.html

Interesting pricing.

Line charges look like they are $20 a line for all plans.  

• So some lower data plans look more expensive, but you save $5 a line. 
  • Higher data plans look cheaper, but you pay $5 more a line.
  • Looks like (comparing old to new) you'll pay more if you have 3 or more lines (the extra $5 add up), 2 lines is iffy what way it goes.

I'm glad that they got rid of the 300MB plan (with the $20 overages that only brought 300MB more), now for $5 more you get a 1GB plan (it's $10 more but the line fee is $5 less).

But with cheaper plans and higher line fees, people will lose out a little with their FAN discounts.

These are new announced plans, I'm comparing them to current (Aug. 17, 2016) published plans (not retention plans).

Still no Canada roaming built in, that's a little bit of a surprise to me...

Update: It looks like you can't buy additional data overage packs for these plans, it looks like you must pick the correct size or it just slows down (noit excited about that).

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

1 Attachment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

The details are up!   https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html

Screen Shot 2016-08-21 at 1.25.42 AM.png

Still $10 for tablets. 

The plan choose has the new plan name, but currently still the old plans.

1 Attachment

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

Nice find @Gary L. I may be able to actually use this plan and save a couple dollars.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

Thanks @Busternutt can you share what you're thinking of doing?

I'm just trying to get a feel of what people are thinking...

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

8 years ago

I may actually bump up my data to 25GB or just get the 16GB. They are a bit less restricting (thank goodness). Only $10 more ;).

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@Rayosun Keep in mind you're going to pay $5 more a line for the new plans that are 10GB and up.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

Wife and I share data. Until a couple months ago, we had 1GB, which was more than enough. But I had to switch to a 15 GB plan when we traveled and lost the 1 GB plan. So now we are on 2 GB and usually have about 1.5 roll over. 

Looking at the new plan, I would settle for 1 GB again and switch to the 16GB ($10 cheaper than the current 15 GB @ $100) when we travel.

My line service will drop from $25 to $20 and the wife will be out of contract in another 3 months ($40 --> $20). When that happens, we'll be looking at 2 lines, 1GB data for about $85 (or less) a month with my FAN discount.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

8 years ago

@Gary L - Yup! I'm aware of the $5 increase. However, where are you reading the part of the $5 a line savings? I'm seeing it says the prices will be $20/line across the board with the new Advantage plans.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

@Rayosun If you currently have a 10 GB or less plan, you pay $25 per line with the $15 discount. It will drop to $20 for customers like me, but go up $5 for customers like you.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

8 years ago

@Busternutt - Roger that. understood 🙂 I am surprised they did not include Canada roaming with this...

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

@Rayosun, Yeah, me too. What's the point of keeping it such a secret and such a pain to get it added? It would be just another selling point if they made it automatic (or at least added through myatt) and I really doubt it would affect the bottom line that much. I mean, how many customers travel to Canada compared to the total number of ATT subscribers? 2-5% maybe and only for couple weeks out of the year.

@ATTMobilityCare, are you listening????

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.