For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Ericagr's profile

Scholar

• 

51 Messages

Thursday, September 21st, 2017 11:31 AM

Switcher program is a scam

I switched 5 lines to ATT. I traded my phones in and received a credit for the phones that was applied to my Att bill. I still owed money for the phones and att said they would pay any early termination fees and the balance of the phones off. But they actually subtract what the credit they give you to pay your other wireless provider off. So basically I am stuck with a $1200 bill from T-Mobile to pay out of pocket. It is a scam especially if you have multiple phones. You are being giving a credit for a phone that you give to them then they take the credit back by making you apply it to your old bill. So you will end paying on your old bill, paying activation fees, taxes so they are scamming people. I plan on filling a compliant

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Thats what i was told from the At&T store and 

after they take my Phoens and have me stuck 

with my sprint bill 

and all there store says the same thing just to let switch and and thay ask you to send them you old  company bill the shows the  early termination fees  and that take more than 2 weeks so you don’t have any chance but pay 

the scammer company At&T and sprint at the same time 

Scholar

• 

51 Messages

6 years ago

I am sorry you are going through this, unfortunately the details are not made clear through ATT customer service. I ended up with a $1500 bill. You are not going to get much help on this forum, just put down. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@Ericagr wrote:

I am sorry you are going through this, unfortunately the details are not made clear through ATT customer service. I ended up with a $1500 bill. You are not going to get much help on this forum, just put down. 

I thought it was $1200?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

There is more than enough information on the switch offer   https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/switch-and-save-etf.html

If you make an impulsive $1,000, 1,200 or $1,500 move, you better darn well know how the promotion works.  

People spend as much on a car payment, but do more research when buying a car. That’s not ATT, or any carriers fault. 

Geesh, I did weeks of research and calculations before switching.  

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

EXCEPT that AT&T won't actually let you take the credit for your phones and actually apply it to your old bill. I traded in my phone and received $200. The sales person at the store said that I HAD TO spend it in store that day and ensured that I would still get the full $394 to pay off my old phone. I was suspicious and asked more than once- she said that I had to spend the credit in store. So I got cases and a WIFI charger that I didn't want and never use. Now that I am getting the switcher visa card- they are only giving me $190 to pay off my old phone with T-Mobile. It is very convoluted- the entire premise of the switcher program is that AT&T will pay off your old phone. However- they make you spend it in store, which does not allow you to pay off your old phone. This is unfair to customers and misrepresented. I would not have switched if that was the case. $400 is a lot around the holidays.

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

This what At&T stores do scam people the same thing happened to me 

this company  belt on lies and scam 

i don’t  suggest nobody to switch to AT&T  they screwed People like we find money on grand they don’t know that people work hard 

to come and screwed us like this 

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

The sales employee specifically told me I would be getting the in store credits and they would pay off my final bill to bring it on in!  When I turned it into the switch department they only wanted to give me 117.00 for a bill they promised to pay off that was 1269.00, to me that is a scam.  When I asked the sales employee how this is possible and that it sounds too good to be true he stated "this is how we get new customers" and I also said well when does the other shoe drop because I will just stay with Verizon( which I wish I had), he said this is legit and we are giving you credit and paying your bill. Why tell someone you will do both when in fact you are making it seem like an either/or situation?  Not once did he offer to give me either a gift card with the credit amount on it or to pay my bill off, never once was their an option, in fact he told me that both would happen.  If it is up to 650.00 then where is the other 300.00 I am owed for one of my phones instead of 52.00 for one?  So after 3 1/2 hours in the store I finally gave in and switched.  Such a bad decision on my part!!  The sad thing is you take up for ATT but look how many people have the same complaint!?! Does this not make you people understand something is seriously wrong with the presentation of offering this promotion the way you do?  I have called almost everyday since this has happened and I have called every month for 4 months because my bill is always wrong and extremely higher than it is supposed to be.  ATT needs to make right all the wrongs they have done to everyone.  This is a multi million dollar company if not a multi billion dollar company, is it truly going to hurt them to stand by their word... words that are coming directly from their employees?  Why does corporate not get involved in this?  Why are people threatened with law suits if they try to contact the CEO of the company to inform him of what is happening?  I am just a hard working individual trying to do the best for my family and put two of my three daughters through college and thought I was making a wise decision, but ATT has let me down, as well as alot of other people.  Shame on all of you!!  People have it hard enough in this world trying to make a living without having someone like ATT come and make things even harder.

Scholar

• 

51 Messages

6 years ago

This is so well said! It’s a shame the way people talk to you on this forum and it’s a shame so many people have had such a horrible experience. 

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

But how do I get it resolved? I’m in desperate need for this to be fixed.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@allliars It should not work that way.

Can you please read the offer http://att.com/switch

and tell us what part worked and what parts didn't work. Be specific with numbers (not what people said).

You've got partial numbers: some for one phone and totals but not even sure how many phones you have.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.