For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Ericagr's profile

Scholar

• 

51 Messages

Thursday, September 21st, 2017 11:31 AM

Switcher program is a scam

I switched 5 lines to ATT. I traded my phones in and received a credit for the phones that was applied to my Att bill. I still owed money for the phones and att said they would pay any early termination fees and the balance of the phones off. But they actually subtract what the credit they give you to pay your other wireless provider off. So basically I am stuck with a $1200 bill from T-Mobile to pay out of pocket. It is a scam especially if you have multiple phones. You are being giving a credit for a phone that you give to them then they take the credit back by making you apply it to your old bill. So you will end paying on your old bill, paying activation fees, taxes so they are scamming people. I plan on filling a compliant

Scholar

• 

51 Messages

7 years ago

The credits did not really help because they gave me $740 for 2 iPhone 6 Plus and 2 iPhone 7 all around a year old, then my first bill with them was $726. I was billed from Aug 19 - September 20, then September 21- through October 20 so there went the credits. They also ported my iPad without making sure I understand that it would not qualify for the switcher program. They did cancel the iPad however I am still left to pay the activation fee. The story just gets worse the more it goes along . So people should really stop replying. I would have been much more understanding if ATT was willing to work with the loyal customer of at least 10 plus years but they aren't. If they would just help me alitte that would be great

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Help you with what exactly? Now that hopefully you understand how the switcher program works, what is it you want them to do that they are not doing?

Scholar

• 

51 Messages

7 years ago

Would you like to help me pay this huge bill from T-Mobile? If not then stop replying. It doesn't matter how many times you send information it's not going to change the way I feel. The program was not fully explained and it was worded to me in a way that made it seem as a easy and no cost to the customer to switch. I would have like them to expedite but be process of me getting the cards to pay T-Mobile, I would have line them to waive the activation fees simply based on the obvious stress and misguidance I received from their customer service and as a loyalty appreciation for a long time customer, especially given the fact my bill is over $1000 dollars . You obviously have no compassion for a mother of 3 that is trying to get some help for an obvious bad decision. ATT gets my money every month for tv and internet now wireless.

Scholar

• 

51 Messages

7 years ago

Just leave me alone, this forum is unhelpful and only a way to bash customers in need of help

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Gee, I asked a simple question, why all the anger? Have you tried reaching out to @ATTCares? If you don't want replies, why do you keep posting? Dont bother answering, I knew I should not have come back. Toxic thread.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@sandblaster  The OP has no problem, per her information, the switch is working perfectly.  BOGO credits will start in another month.  She didn't read how the switch works, though she was going to make $650 x 4 lines.   

@Ericagr   This thread had no activity for a full week.  You posted again, not us.  This switch and the one offered by Verizon, T-mobile, Sprint are all the same.  Exactly the same.  

This isn't a compassion issue.  What, you want we chip in and pay your bill?  I felt bad for you, I am a single working mom too.  But you're so nasty and don't seem to get the point, you're not right, and it's not anyone else's fault.

You left T-mobile over a month ago and haven't paid for cell service to them, or ATT yet.  You were going to have to pay ATT $740 anyway.  You don't because of the big credit .  Take the $740 you DIDN'T have to pay ATT and pay half to T-mobile.  Next month pay the other half.  By then the rest of the reimbursement will com through to pay the rest of the T-mobile bill.  As long as you pay something, they won't send you to collection. 

It's too early for wine, so maybe talk a walk, but you need to chill out and stop blaming ATT for your lack of planning.   

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Ericagr wrote:

The credits did not really help because they gave me $740 for 2 iPhone 6 Plus and 2 iPhone 7 all around a year old, then my first bill with them was $726.

That seems a little high because 4 lines on unlimited plus would be less than $200 (plus taxes). But I'm not sure what you spend on phones each month, I guess if you spend $30 on each phone (and the iPad), that's another $150 a month.  Squeeze in some activation fees and I guess it would get there that fast.

I was billed from Aug 19 - September 20, then September 21- through October 20 so there went the credits.

No matter how you slice it you were going to need to pay for those two months and T-Mo. The timing of your date range makes it unfortunate that it's a big first bill. 

• You didn't need to give your money to AT&T, so whatever you would have used to pay AT&T you now have for T-Mo.
  • If AT&T had paid T-Mo directly, you'd still owe that amount to AT&T.

Seems like a wash, as AT&T credited you an amount equivalent to what you owe T-Mo which is also about the same amount as your super-large first bill plus activation charges. 
    Who you pay with which seems kind of irrelevant.

They also ported my iPad without making sure I understand that it would not qualify for the switcher program.

This is why it's a really good idea to read the description of what promo you are using (anywhere, not just AT&T). You need to know what you are signing up for so that you're not freaking out about it later.

Please keep in mind, "they" are not someone who dragged you into a store and made you do this promo, "they" are someone you approached.  Reading the offer before you approached them would have been helpful.

They did cancel the iPad however I am still left to pay the activation fee.

Yes, because you activated it.  Again, most of the issues you have you would have known about in advance (probably everything but the timing of the first bill).

The story just gets worse the more it goes along . So people should really stop replying.

Again, I feel like what is going on is being made to be "someone else's fault",  you're the one that revived the thread by replying today (click to see) and now you are complaining that we are replying. When you replied it notified all of us that the thread was active again so we returned like lemmings falling into the abyss.

No one has been making comments since the 23rd until YOU came back and shook it up.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Ericagr

I don't get why you think we are here to solve your problem.  As far as ATT, you don't have one.  And it's not like we can pay your bill for you.

Scholar

• 

51 Messages

7 years ago

Well thank you for letting me know I have to pay the bills, I didn't even read all your thread because it's more of the same. I revived the thread as I looked through my emails and saw you to letting me know there was a reply. You all are only on this thread to rub salt in people's wounds, yes everyone my fault , thank you . I hope someone reads this thread before they make the same mistake I did. You have been no help so please continue with your pompous attitude and above all attitude . And as far as ATT I have a big problem.

Scholar

• 

51 Messages

7 years ago

You have a great Saturday and continue to beat people down instead of being helpful. Everyone please know you will only be beat down by the same group of know it alls on this forum, unless you are praising ATT. Buyers beware and make sure you know all the facts. A costly lesson I have learned for trusting a company I have been with for over 10 years. Remember on this forum people will only tell you how dumb you are for falling for this so called deal
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.